Myrtle Beach WW 2 Recoveries--UPDATED

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am back from Myrtle Beach where I recovered dozens of 50 caliber casings (over 70 bullets) from the beach. It is believed these were pumped in with the beach restoration. I reattached the bullets to the casings and got some clips to mount them on to display.

Headstamps were DM 43 and 4 from the US Rubber Plant in Des Moines, Iowa.
SL 43 and 4 from the Western Cartridge Plant in St. Louis.
TW 4 from the Federal Cartridge Plant in Minneapolis, MN. KS 43 from the Kelly Springfield (Tire Company) plant in Cumberland, MD.

KIMG0062.JPG KIMG0061.JPG Bullets recovered include both regular and tracers. Also recovered were several 30-06 casings and 3 live 50 cal bullets.

Upvote 17

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, Tcorn! We spent a week in Panama City Beach a couple weeks ago, and a few of us detectorists were able to scrape up a TON of 50 caliber LIVE rounds..a total of about 60 were pulled from the low tide line, a few from the beach. Most were live rounds only a few casings. Tyndall Air Force Base is located nearby. We're not sure why/how these ended up where they did. Sorry no pics, i gave them away as I wasn't about to try to get them through TSA! That could get ugly in a hurry...Congrats on your finds, Ddf.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool stuff, nice finds! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting