Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 mystery coins (cannot id them) while visiting a Caribbean island. I do not want to harsh clean them without having an idea what they are. They have some damage and are shell/sand encrusted.

The first one has something written on top "*icana" in could be
"Americana" or "americanas"? And has what appears to be a wreath on the bottom. The other side is entirely encrusted with shell/sand.

The other coin is much thinner, almost rusty looking. One side is toasted and the other side has some writing and perhaps a date visible "65" or "55"

Attachments

• image-4253752964.jpg
    image-4253752964.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3389537913.jpg
    image-3389537913.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3965958451.jpg
    image-3965958451.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2856962134.jpg
    image-2856962134.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 4
Always interesting what comes out, ain't it.

Nice saves but I'm afraid I don't know.

I don't have much to offer, but I'm tempted to say start looking in 19th century Mexico for the top coin. For the second I actually think I see 3 digits, -855.

I don't have much to offer, but I'm tempted to say start looking in 19th century Mexico for the top coin. For the second I actually think I see 3 digits, -855.

Thanks for the hint David! If anyone has a suggestion how to safely remove the shell/sand crust, I'd appreciate it.

good luck, hope they clean up enough to see what they are

I'd say the other one is likely Mexican, and the word you are seeing is Mexicana.

Wow, thanks Iron Patch. That helps!! It's amazing to me how knowledgable some people are on this forum!

All the best!
Oh no! Don't swell IPs head any more than it is. He will never get out of his house lol. Nice finds BT

Lol I think maybe I should have been this size then. .

Well you'll never catch up on military, so keep hunting hard for those coins. ;)

Maybe we should make a little bet for 2015... best coin and best relic. I figure you're done now so should be an easy win for me.... not to mention relics come easy, and I'm very due for a great coin! :headbang: All I have to decide on now is whether I want your woman or your shilling for the prize. :laughing7:

Well you'll never catch up on military, so keep hunting hard for those coins. ;)

Maybe we should make a little bet for 2015... best coin and best relic. I figure you're done now so should be an easy win for me.... not to mention relics come easy, and I'm very due for a great coin! :headbang:

Done? Hell no! I'm just getting warmed up bro :-). A merc dime and a beat up 3 center ain't gonna cut it this year. And this year I find my first........and second Rev War buttons. I know a couple secret spots lol

Last Canadian that bet with me was never heard from again

Last Canadian that bet with me was never heard from again

Yeah he probably took your life savings and is in Mexico now. :) I'll at least leave you with something.... maybe a couple indians and a buffalo nickel. :laughing7:

Yeah he probably took your life savings and is in Mexico now. :) I'll at least leave you with something.... maybe a couple indians and a buffalo nickel. :laughing7:

How bout a complete shoe buckle? Ya know something you don't have lol. You'll have to get past this one
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421510123.254227.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421510420.259147.jpg
And 20 lb PSYCHO KITTY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back