What's new

Mystery Large Cent

metaldetectingtaylor

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
155
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this coin last year and going by size it seems to be a large cent. I recently purchased a coin scale and weighed it last night and it came out to exactly 10 grams on the dot. I just calibrated it too so it should be pretty accurate. Although, looking at my red book of coins, the large cents that are listed have a weight of 10.89 grams. Could the extra .89 grams be wiped away from corrosion?
Thanks, MDT
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 336
Taylor, unfortunately some coins will always be a mystery. HH :BangHead:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
I don't know if you lined up the coins in the first pic, but it shure looks like lady liberty's bun on the first coin.
 

Attachments

  • LC2.webp
    LC2.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0
I would think it's possible considering the amount of erosion on the coin, yes.
 
Upvote 0
Ism said:
I don't know if you lined up the coins in the first pic, but it shure looks like lady liberty's bun on the first coin.

Unfortunately I didn't try to line up the coins. I just threw it on top to compare size. Although it looks interesting, that would be one big coincidence ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom