What's new

Mystery metal?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
4,101
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
This is just for fun, lets see how many can get it-

What is this mystery metal next to the piece of gold?

Here's a hint, its magnetic....

I'll post the answer in a day or two- :)
 

Attachments

  • gold and.webp
    gold and.webp
    25 KB · Views: 575
Babingtonite or platinum, it is impossible to tell the difference from a picture.
 
Hmmm, actually I was hoping for more responses.... LOL!


But I guess I'll divulge now.

That is a piece of black sand. Magnetite, most likely. The piece of gold is smaller than fly dung!

Its a photomicrograph from a friend of mine- ;)
 
:D

My second guess was gonna be Black Sand!





Okay - no it wasn't... but that was pretty cool! I never woulda thought to ask about magnification... you're a tricky one Jeffro... a tricky one...

Note to self: Jeffro can no longer be trusted to post photos in normal size...
 
My first guess would be magnetite
 
magnatite
meteor.
 
B said:
Hmmm, actually I was hoping for more responses.... LOL!


But I guess I'll divulge now.

That is a piece of black sand. Magnetite, most likely. The piece of gold is smaller than fly dung!

Its a photomicrograph from a friend of mine- ;)




That is a pretty neat photo. I was imagining the gold was at least an ounce piece. 8)
 
i didnt know flys poop........lol
you have way too much time on your hands bro
 
imafishingnutt said:
i didnt know flys poop........lol
you have way too much time on your hands bro


LOL! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom