What's new

Mystery silver from field

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this small silver coin (I think) last night in a field. I have found several 1800's coins here. The only thing I think it could be is a worn out 3 cent silver.....I laid it beside the 3 center I dug this year. when I lay it on top it is exact diameter, I weighed it and my scale isn't exactly high tech but it says 0.8g.....anything else it could possibly be that size and weight?
 

Attachments

  • DSC01630.webp
    DSC01630.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC01632.webp
    DSC01632.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 611
That would have stopped my heart to find! Very much looks colonial...1/2 reale? OHH maybe a 1792 DiSME! Any letters left at all?
 
Upvote 0
SouthJerseyJim said:
That would have stopped my heart to find! Very much looks colonial...1/2 reale? OHH maybe a 1792 DiSME! Any letters left at all?
I cannot see a single letter or number on either side, this baby is smooooth!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom