What's new

mystery stench permeating in NorthEastern PA

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,945
Reaction score
76,414
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHaHa I hope they are Joking, or just being sarcastic !

I stepped out the door Wednesday to get the Merchandiser
& immediately got hit by the smell of Spring in the air.

No big deal, If you live in PA you should know that smell by now


Just found this Article:

The DEP received 150 complaints Thursday of a strong sewage odor permeating Lackawanna and Luzerne County. The smell disappeared by Friday, though it rained through much of the morning.

Spring thaw among theories of mystery stench permeating NEPA - News - Citizens' Voice

But no it does not smell like sewage.
it smells like a cow pasture in the distance :headbang:
 
HaHaHa I hope they are Joking, or just being sarcastic !

I stepped out the door Wednesday to get the Merchandiser
& immediately got hit by the smell of Spring in the air.

No big deal, If you live in PA you should know that smell by now


Just found this Article:

The DEP received 150 complaints Thursday of a strong sewage odor permeating Lackawanna and Luzerne County. The smell disappeared by Friday, though it rained through much of the morning.

Spring thaw among theories of mystery stench permeating NEPA - News - Citizens' Voice

But no it does not smell like sewage.
it smells like a cow pasture in the distance :headbang:
...
 

Attachments

  • did-you-did-you-just-fart.webp
    did-you-did-you-just-fart.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 106
"should you smell an odor, contact the DEP". :laughing7:

One of the sweetest smells is manure in the spring time.:thumbsup:
 
"should you smell an odor, contact the DEP". :laughing7:

One of the sweetest smells is manure in the spring time.:thumbsup:
 
"should you smell an odor, contact the DEP". :laughing7:

One of the sweetest smells is manure in the spring time.:thumbsup:

as long as it's at a distance yes :laughing7: some of it can be overpowering up close.
especially chicken manure
 
I don't think any poo of any kind smells good. I can't recall ever driving by a farm and thinking to myself, wow they ought to bottle that smell and create a new Cologne...

sent from a potato...
 
I don't think any poo of any kind smells good. I can't recall ever driving by a farm and thinking to myself, wow they ought to bottle that smell and create a new Cologne...

sent from a potato...

I have yet to call DEP over it though :laughing7:
 
New Jersey... sorry I am originally from PA and could not resist.
 
a round hear the sewage holding pounds start to smell when they first UN-thaw then it goes away that's when you know spring is at hand
 
NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING can beat my Boxer dog (Bubba) when he cuts loose in the car. He'll be sitting in the front passenger seat and just lean over and look at me.... and I swear he's smiling. What comes next is so bad you just want to bail out at any speed.
 
I to caught wind of the news! There is an Amish farm just over the line from me in Pa. He pulls the wagon around his field with horses which also do a direct deposit. We use to call this wagon the shitkicker The bed is a belt loaded with cow pods. At the back in a rotating drum with arms that kick out the pods. You don't want to be behind this when it is moving. And just think, it runs on hay bales. Frank...111-2 700 head of old man.webp
 
I'll take the smell of a cow, or horse pasture in the spring, any day over the smell of a city.
 
HaHaHa I hope they are Joking, or just being sarcastic !

I stepped out the door Wednesday to get the Merchandiser
& immediately got hit by the smell of Spring in the air.

No big deal, If you live in PA you should know that smell by now


Just found this Article:

The DEP received 150 complaints Thursday of a strong sewage odor permeating Lackawanna and Luzerne County. The smell disappeared by Friday, though it rained through much of the morning.

Spring thaw among theories of mystery stench permeating NEPA - News - Citizens' Voice

But no it does not smell like sewage.
it smells like a cow pasture in the distance :headbang:

You sure its not the smell of dead shad in the Delaware river?
 
New Jersey... sorry I am originally from PA and could not resist.

I am sorry, you either no nothing about NJ nor ever lived there (pet peeve people taking pot shots at Jersey). Pennsylvania, the only place where you can buy shotguns, fireworks, eggs, beer and gas at the same place if your not PA resident (Fireworks).
 
You sure its not the smell of dead shad in the Delaware river?

LOL :laughing9:

I'm sure it was the Smell of natural Composting considering
all the grass & leaves have been under snow here for the last 5 or more months.

"Spring is in the Air " :headbang: Finally :hello2:

of course we may be buried in snow again before next week is out :(
 
Last edited:
I am sorry, you either no nothing about NJ nor ever lived there (pet peeve people taking pot shots at Jersey). Pennsylvania, the only place where you can buy shotguns, fireworks, eggs, beer and gas at the same place if your not PA resident (Fireworks).

Umm, what's wrong with shotguns???

sent from a potato...
 
LOL :laughing9:

I'm sure it was the Smell of natural Composting considering
all the grass & leaves have been under snow here for the last 5 or more months.

"Spring is in the Air " :headbang: Finally :hello2:

of course we may be buried in snow again before next week is out :(

This is one thing I hope your wrong on Jeff, no mo sno. Now its getting to the point of "no mo rain"
National Weather Service
 
Pennsylvania, the only place where you can buy shotguns, fireworks, eggs, beer and gas at the same place if your not PA resident (Fireworks).

Yep :(
 
Umm, what's wrong with shotguns???

sent from a potato...

nothing wrong with Shotguns.


Point is the "Fireworks" we have places here in PA where You can shop for Fireworks

I say "You" because your from Florida right ?

I'm from PA, so I don't think I'm even allowed to go in a Pennsylvania Fireworks Shop.

Pennsylvania says Pennsylvanians aren't adults.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom