What's new

Mystery Tool

Tink

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This tool is about 8 1/2" long. The crank on the end turns the jaws on opposite end. The squeeze handle in the middle closes the pincher jaw. Inside surface of tip of jaw is flat, smooth and makes flush contact with opposing jaw. Red handle is plastic.

The squeeze handle has a logo that looks like pilot wings and the letter JAHCO in an oval above the wings.
 

Attachments

  • mystery tool.webp
    mystery tool.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 667
Could it be for De-burring rivet holes? HH
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Safty wires for planes :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Wow! I leave for a few errands and you guys have already figured it out. Thanks especially to bigcypresshunter. I finally got a decent picture of the logo.
 

Attachments

  • good logo resize 1.webp
    good logo resize 1.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 499
  • good logo resize 1.webp
    good logo resize 1.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 489
  • good logo resize 1.webp
    good logo resize 1.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0
Cleveland natives Bill Jack and Ralph Heintz formed Jack & Heintz in 1940 in Palo Alto, California. Here's more of the company's history: http://clevelandhistorical.org/items/show/153
Don.........
PS: Tink, Welcome to Treasure Net !!
 
Upvote 0
Are you sure those are safety wire pliers? Followed the links but all I saw were logo conformations. I've seen some old tools at wright patterson but I can't remember these. But that was a long time ago. Any links to confirm the actual tool? I had to learn to safety wire by hand (and make it good and tight) before I even got to get a pair of "swipes". Ahh, those were the days.
 
Upvote 0
cabincreeker said:
Are you sure those are safety wire pliers? Followed the links but all I saw were logo conformations.
I was wondering myself if the green check was posted too early. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Company has a similar tool for a starter Safety Wire Kit. May be close enough to call it
 

Attachments

  • 12-16625.webp
    12-16625.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom