OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent been able to get out at all after work lately. Things got a little hectic at work and i have also put a priority on trying to get in in better shape. So been jogging after work last 3 months. This was my last trip probably 3 weeks ago? Thursday?...ran the GGT for an hr and a half. Meh.. getting some but im driving pretty far to get it. Gonna have to figure something else out i think. 20180526_192021.jpeg

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for an epic day of gold mining with Asmbandits the other Saturday. I went to the wrong meeting spot but luckily it was in the direction we were headd too but the confusion probably cost us 20 minutes. I had a great view from where I was parked at least.

Asmbandits arrived with his side by side loaded in back. Jumped in his truck and a few minutes later down the road we ditched the truck and took off on the side by side.

This was my first time riding in one and it was really fun. Its amazing the speed it can take obstacles. I was a little tense as we jammed down the heavily rutter old mining rd. I was holding on to the side rail as the vegitation enchroached on the road. Branches hitting my hand forced me to let go. I think Jerry knew i was a little nervous and had a little fun with it. Good times.

From the end of the mining road we still had a decent little hike but we packed pretty light so other than the ridiculous amount of mosquitoes and poison oak it wasnt bad.

Once at the river I found a little exposed bedrock and hit a nice crevice right off the bat. I worked it most of the day but was always chasing that first pan. Jerry worked up a little higher and was vacuming cracks out with his portable vac.

It was a great day and i think we had about the same gold take. Before we left i walked up a short way to sample the huge gravel bar and it was loaded!! Cant wait to go back there with a sluice.

In the trail back up we ran into a couple sketchy looking guys on dirtbikes but were able to move through without incident but we both got a bad feeling from one of the guys. Then we road back out on the side by side and it was much more enjoyable for me as i started to trust that it would roll over. I didnt even have to hang on! lol.

Great day, great company and great gold. What more could you ask for?

I was actually shocked that i managed not to get poison oak. Ive got a pretty good routine for scrubbing down after a trip now. But i had patches of mosquito bytes on my elbows, calves and top of hands that were pretty bad. But no ticks and ill take mosquito bytes over PO. 8 days a week. 20180527_204422.jpeg 20180519_135507.jpeg 20180527_204105.jpeg 20180519_135502.jpeg 20180519_085632.jpeg 20180519_074942.jpeg 20180519_075800.jpeg 20180519_074938.jpeg

Last edited:

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A whole days work for 0.76g? I hope you find more next time.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A whole days work for 0.76g? I hope you find more next time.
Almost a gram for strictly panning is not good??

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an awesome trip out Eric gonna have to make it back asap with the sluices..

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost a gram for strictly panning is not good??

Not really.

We are not allowed to mine rivers, only prospect with a pan. I only prospect after the rains have come, mostly looking for at around 1g per hour. I do not pan for money, I pan to locate gold seams coming into the river to trace the seam back up to mine away from the rivers. I am a miner by profession. I take it you folk do this as a hobby, for me it’s my livelihood. I did once pan all day and pulled in 14g.

In my mining blocks I pay scouts to protect our rivers from illegal miners and trespassers. On rivers that are not protected in decent gold bearing areas the average planner will pull 2 to 3g per day(time of year dependent),many of which do this day in and day out as their only form of survival.

I guess perhaps you not in such a gold rich area. Reading your post, you certainly know what your doing and I applaud that.

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To expand on that your concentrates, i.e crevices or natural riffles in a good gold bearing river should run at around 8g per ton. We all know such points of interest are easy to find. Should you have one digger and screener you should process at least 1-1.5 tons per day, can be as much as 3 tons dependent on conditions . We class 1 ton as 12 wheelbarrows full. So between 2 people you can do at least 1 ton per day at the bare minimum.

I can’t fathom the costs you carry to extract less than 1g.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is that your areas must be must be higher in value and less regulated. The areas I currently work are hard enough to get to that I would consider it not feasible to be worked even on a recreational level. I would estimate even the richest river gravel I've come across to run about 1-3 grams a yard. Crevicing and sniping is different and hard to run figures on.

I just got back from the river yesterday, a very rich fine gold location on the south yuba, out of all 5 guys that were there the smallest take was about a gram and largest about 3. The 3 came from sniping, most everything else from running gravel on bedrock.

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is that your areas must be must be higher in value and less regulated. The areas I currently work are hard enough to get to that I would consider it not feasible to be worked even on a recreational level. I would estimate even the richest river gravel I've come across to run about 1-3 grams a yard. Crevicing and sniping is different and hard to run figures on.

I just got back from the river yesterday, a very rich fine gold location on the south yuba, out of all 5 guys that were there the smallest take was about a gram and largest about 3. The 3 came from sniping, most everything else from running gravel on bedrock.

My rivers are highly regulated that’s why the values are so high. Less regulated rivers run at around 2-3g per ton. I’m assuming a yard is around a ton? Sorry I don’t work in yards.

How much does it cost you to get a gram?

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m so sorry, it seems I have offended you. Perhaps if you did not want discussions you should not post in a public forum.

I’m really sorry for starting a discussion on your thread. I apologize. I won’t post here again. My purpose of joining this forum was to learn and help others as well of showing how things are done in a third world country run by villagers. I see that by continuing this post I’m achieving none of these things.

Sorry once again. Good luck and heavy pans.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not post in this thread again. This is my personal journal. Its not a general thread for discussions. Create your own thread if you wanna show off how great of a gold miner you are.

He was merely stating his finds as many people do on your open forum page. If he can not post then no one can post. You have no right to attack him. Pczim you MAY post where you want to. It looks like no one will be posting in this thread.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No promises!!! im still thinking about taking my 50k views where its appreciated.. Maybe even make some $ for my self instead of others? Lots of options out there. Utube, facebook, my own blog.Hell, maybe ill write my own damn book like Kevin... Hmm

But i love the "real"community here and appreciate the members who enjoy the thread so ill keep keepin on as weather permits.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats greenhorn gold?

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's best to just let it pass, Mattt. Keep this journal on track, and not about what others may or may not do. After all this IS mytimetoshine's journal.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going camping with the family. Ill try to get caught up on the gold posts when i get back next weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread