Mytimetoshine

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting out of my tent on your claim in the middle of the night to pee was the coldest I have ever been lol. I think I peed on my leg from the shakes. Haha good times!

Rockguy used to park his Jeep where your tent was and sleep in the back. One night he climbed out to pee and slid down the hill. I never heard him. We had a good laugh at coffee that morning.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a spot that just keeps on giving. Paved road to the river. Free parking, easy digging. 5 minute "walk" from the truck.. I ran the GGT for 3hrs. 13 buckets unclassified. Bigger stuff tossed by hand.

Not cold enough to wear my winter gloves but not warm enough that I wanted to get my summer gloves wet.. so I was clearing rocks off the grizzly bare handed. I had seen a piece of glass on the deck that I cleared over the grizzly or so I had thought.....

Turn out it went in the trap on edge and was sticking up through the grizzley... rake...hmm..that felt strange...dismiss it. Rake again..... WTF!

Held my hand up to inspect and the blood was going pretty damn good. Tip of index finger. It didn't hurt at all but was dripping about every 3 seconds... second cut was in the middle finger but not bad... Since the spot was so easy I didn't worry about first aid. Normally I have a roll of electrical tape for cuts like this. But I had NOTHING... not even a knife to cut my shirt... after bleeding all over the gravel bar for 10 minutes I thought CRAP. I'm gonna have to leave.....

Determined I took my sandwich out its baggy and stuck my finger down in the corner of it. Wrapped it around and shoved back into the glove. Good enough! Finished my day, and went home.. probably should have got a couple stitches but I've just been babysitting it. 2 weeks later its not healed yet...
20210227_172338.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a spot that just keeps on giving. Paved road to the river. Free parking, easy digging. 5 minute "walk" from the truck.. I ran the GGT for 3hrs. 13 buckets unclassified. Bigger stuff tossed by hand.

Not cold enough to wear my winter gloves but not warm enough that I wanted to get my summer gloves wet.. so I was clearing rocks off the grizzly bare handed. I had seen a piece of glass on the deck that I cleared over the grizzly or so I had thought.....

Turn out it went in the trap on edge and was sticking up through the grizzley... rake...hmm..that felt strange...dismiss it. Rake again..... WTF!

Held my hand up to inspect and the blood was going pretty damn good. Tip of index finger. It didn't hurt at all but was dripping about every 3 seconds... second cut was in the middle finger but not bad... Since the spot was so easy I didn't worry about first aid. Normally I have a roll of electrical tape for cuts like this. But I had NOTHING... not even a knife to cut my shirt... after bleeding all over the gravel bar for 10 minutes I thought CRAP. I'm gonna have to leave.....

Determined I took my sandwich out its baggy and stuck my finger down in the corner of it. Wrapped it around and shoved back into the glove. Good enough! Finished my day, and went home.. probably should have got a couple stitches but I've just been babysitting it. 2 weeks later its not healed yet...
View attachment 1907302

Pics not showing on last post...

Checkout 3M Coban tape. Beats the heck out of anything else. They have it at Walmart.
Vetwrap is similiar and can be found at tractor supply.

I have recently had a bad cut (sliced the pad of my thumb off), then drove up on a fresh roll over accident. Both times I had to resort to electrical tape. Coban tape and gauze is SO much better!

Per the clean cuts, I’ve found that letting them bleed profusely, then tightly holding the wound together, patting the surface dry, then “welding” just the surface of the skin together with crazy glue...does wonders in allowing you to continue to work AND allow the wound to heal within days. Wish I knew about this a long time ago. Don’t put it into the wound and don’t seal up dirty wounds or deep puncture wounds. Emergency rooms do this very thing (gluing the skin instead of stitching it), but they use a different type of glue. They will tell you to never use crazy glue because of idiots that come in for care after squirting it INTO the wound!

Great stuff to have around when your out mining in remote areas. Reminds me that I need to replenish my kits.

Nice flour gold.

Last edited:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
All I'm gonna say about this trip is, i didn't break any shovels. 1.25g with "just a pan". But the "profit" for me, really is in the beauty of being out there, with good company. Mission accomplished!
View attachment 1914391 View attachment 1914392 View attachment 1914393 View attachment 1914394 View attachment 1914395 View attachment 1914396 View attachment 1914397 View attachment 1914398 View attachment 1914399 View attachment 1914400 View attachment 1914401 View attachment 1914402

Yeah man, this last trip was pretty epic! Can't wait for this weekend brother!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread