OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is March already and I haven't posted anything. Well that's mainly cause there hasn't been a whole lot of mining going on. Weather this year in the Motherload has Been horrible. Rain everyday and it hasn't hit 60 degrees once in the last 2 months.

My first trip I managed to get out was in January I finally met Goldwasher! He was nice enough to let me come check out his claim and do a little digging.

Met up at the local burger spot and then followed to the beginning of the dirt rd. then I hopped in Goldwasher truck. The rd in is very narrow but in good condition. A little muddy on the last steep stretch so we walk the last bit.

Pretty cool little canyon with a season creek which had good flow, enough I set up my GGT. Course gold here with slate bedrock. This slate is difficult to say the least. I was working the side of the bank right on top of bedrock. I should have punch straight down instead of trying to drift it. Ran about 5 or 6 buckets unclassified.

Nice day, Jarrod is a great guy. Looking forward to the next dig! 20190127_122111.jpeg

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to meet up with Jarrod on his claim a couple weekends back as well, such an awesome location with a bunch of history and gold!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the creek is ROARING you guys.

I've had to walk in every time since I met up with Eric. Roads too sloppy.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd trip of the year! Annnnnnd, it's raining again...

Cabin fever is so bad the he'll with it I'm going anyway. I need to get out of the damn house! Forecast for rain all day, no chance of sun so I loaded up the rain gear but just ended up at the bear river lol. It was pretty nasty out I'm glad I didn't try to go anywhere else though i was the ONLY person out there. Not a single car in the parking lot except one on blocks with smashed windows!...

Brought out the Bazooka Prospector and got to shoveling in the middle of the river, all alone, in a downpour lmao.. I saw one guy driving up to the campground and I'm sure he was thinking I'm nuts. maybe I am!

I dug till eventually the sweatshirt I had on under my rain jacket got soaked through somehow. Then packed out. Not a lot of gold but it was still fun to get out.
20190214_170241.jpeg 20190214_170410.jpeg

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd trip of the year! Annnnnnd, it's raining again...

Cabin fever is so bad the he'll with it I'm going anyway. I need to get out of the damn house! Forecast for rain all day, no chance of sun so I loaded up the rain gear but just ended up at the bear river lol. It was pretty nasty out I'm glad I didn't try to go anywhere else though i was the ONLY person out there. Not a single car in the parking lot except one on blocks with smashed windows!...

Brought out the Bazooka Prospector and got to shoveling in the middle of the river, all alone, in a downpour lmao.. I saw one guy driving up to the campground and I'm sure he was thinking I'm nuts. maybe I am!

I dug till eventually the sweatshirt I had on under my rain jacket got soaked through somehow. Then packed out. Not a lot of gold but it was still fun to get out.
View attachment 1688234 View attachment 1688236

Don't feel bad that was me last weekend also! Out on the Yuba in rain gear..

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am laughing, not at you for getting wet or any of your adventures but because of the lamenting about "not having hit 60 degrees yet". It is 6 below zero out (f) this morning with 4 feet of snow here!

I am glad you are getting out though.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with my buddy Adam early at 730 am. No rain but also no sun, so it was pretty cold until we got digging. This little bar Adam found a while back has been giving up some nice gold on decomposing bedrock. Along with some large boulders downstream create a nice drop out.

We dug for a couple hours while his dog Petey supervised. I ran probably 30 heaping unclassified pans through my GGT

Good day, good gold! 20190202_163631.jpeg 20190202_163420.jpeg 20190126_140959.jpeg 20190126_140956.jpeg 20190126_140951.jpeg

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you did pretty good! I was out there with Adam the next day and it was raining pretty good. That whole sandy beach in the pictures has washed away!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next trip, same spot but solo. Uneventful day really. No rain at least. Water was up and raging as it rained almost all week prior. Got to digging and running unclassified pans through my GGT. Had an efficient operation going so I had moved 40 pans in about 3 hrs and was tuckered out. Hiked up and out with a heavy bag of cons! 20190304_184001.jpeg 20190304_184025.jpeg 20190304_184557.jpeg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi There mytimetoshine! Interesting looking two pans, is the picture of the Au on the scale the total of both those pans?

I like your comments about being out there and what the water is up to which was expected from watching the water flow data for a general area of melt flow, hearing about it first hand always sends a chill up my spine. (or maybe it is a 'thrill')

I would guess that when spring really starts up the flows will be even more interesting as well as even more dangerous than right now as well as still quite cold. Thank you for sharing your adventures...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes those 2 pans are what you see on the scale. One is the +50 and the other is the -50.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang killing it bro! It sure is a shame how Adam begged us all to come to his spot and get good gold lolol (reference to victors thread)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather Geussers have indicated the possibility that warmer weather will be here in about a week. 'The River' is running almost 3x of typical for this time of year and has been that way for a couple of months. Maybe summer will arrive in June!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's getting harder and harder to keep the journal going to be honest. Just so much going on which is good but I may miss posting a trip here and there.

So this is a while back and it's still raining all the time... soo ready for spring! Went out a few times solo. Water is super high and cold so I've been just panning high bank with waiters and long atlas gloves.

This was the only nice day I took some pictures. Got good gold this day considering. about 3hrs work. Uneventful really just the way I like it!

I did find a decent little picker but nothing fancy lol
20190407_101740.jpg 20190407_101731.jpg 20190407_101729.jpg 20190407_101726.jpg 20190407_101721.jpg 20190427_182954.jpg 20190427_182821.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi MTTS, looking mighty nice even with the rain, freezing cold high water, the water looks a bit hazy so its carrying some dust particles but otherwise the area is nice! And of course at least you got to be out in the country for awhile which is always good. Glad it was uneventful as you like it!...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So MTTS, I'm guessing the weather has you holed up in some old mine shaft, hopefully a horizontal one! It is Not unusual to have snow in May but, why this year!!!????? Man I'm tired of the white stuff already! Hope all is well,...............63bkpkr

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone!

I had to give up on the Journal. I started a business this year and I don't have the free time to keep up with it now.

I've still been out getting gold as much as ever. Went out a couple times with Schoolofhardrocks, Goldwasher and Asmbandits

Here is what I got for the year. About 20 grams

I'll still be lurking on the forum and I'll try to post every now and then.

20200101_170004.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread