What's new

N. California

southfork

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2014
Messages
2,553
Reaction score
8,418
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out twice this week to check our site the ground is still a little wet . But with temps in the 70s and clear blue sky's I found a few . The green area I rehabbed with native grass wild flowers and daffodils
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6876.webp
    IMG_6876.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 168
  • P3181705.webp
    P3181705.webp
    346.9 KB · Views: 183
  • P3181704.webp
    P3181704.webp
    340.6 KB · Views: 175
  • P3161694.webp
    P3161694.webp
    409.6 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
love the daffodils... i use those and other non native flowers as hints to old habitations sites along the coast, comes in handy from time to time.
 
Those are some nice finds! and love the wild and native grass and flowers. Is that a creek line in the back or a tree line?
 
Those are some nice finds! and love the wild and native grass and flowers. Is that a creek line in the back or a tree line?
Thanks center of photo is a live oak there is a creek close by and a large spring . The knoll only has a few trees .
 
This point is from the Great Basin Stemmed Cluster . Lake Mojave / Silver Lake from ca. 9000 to ca. 6000 B.C. overlapping the Paleo and Early Archaic periods . From Justice .
 

Attachments

  • P3161699.webp
    P3161699.webp
    356 KB · Views: 167
You consistently find some nice artifacts. I look forward to your posts.
 
Nice pieces and sounds like some good fun. You know the DNR for Georgia changed their rules for digging in GA this year. Now if you want to dig for artifacts you have to get a permit from the state and a Archy has to come and see what you are finding if you get the permit. Glad I haven't tried it or I would be sick. I will just keep using my eyes and not a shovel. They keep changing the rules every year here.
 
Rock, I'd like to read up on the law change....but I haven't been able to find it....can u link it
 
Rock, I'd like to read up on the law change....but I haven't been able to find it....can u link it

Look at the DNR site for our state. They say you cant even dig on private land now if you are digging for artifacts without permission from the state.
 
If u are referring to the notifying the state arch law....it's been around for awhile (prior to 07)....I've become accustomed to notifying over the years.....I just email jenn bedell and head out. Fwiw, the law doesn't distinguish personally owned property from any other


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom