What's new

Napa river

CHUDs

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
677
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All! I've been helpings in-laws relocate to Nevada City from the northern Napa Valley and in the process came across some of my father in laws artifacts from his construction days. Just thought I'd share since discoveries of my own tend to be chips and scrapers. As always, input in greatly appreciated! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772802.838442.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772815.688560.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772830.305801.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772846.357498.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772858.825916.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772884.077398.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434772900.428673.webp
 
Upvote 0
Now that's just "absurd", I meant "obsidian"! And the mortar and ball pestle is way cool!!,vèry niiiics!
 
They are all nice finds. Thanks for sharing.
 
Yes the grinding ball and mortar are very good pieces makes the whole collection. Most of the tools and points look to be from the same period as I find. Woodland to Mississippian nice pieces
 
Thanks for the input. I'm glad to know the period. There is one small point that was particularly interesting but the picture I took was a bit blurrier than the rest. They all looked clear when I took them but we had also finished off a bottle of nigori sake so... The point I found intriguing is located in the top row of pictures all the way to the right. It sits a little bit outside the lineup to the upper right. It is made of a different material, maybe flint, is a gray color and not shiny. It appears to be an old point that was then sharpened on the flat, non shouldered side. Perhaps it was a knife. I'll try to find another pic of it. Thanks!
 
Thanks for the input. I'm glad to know the period. There is one small point that was particularly interesting but the picture I took was a bit blurrier than the rest. They all looked clear when I took them but we had also finished off a bottle of nigori sake so... The point I found intriguing is located in the top row of pictures all the way to the right. It sits a little bit outside the lineup to the upper right. It is made of a different material, maybe flint, is a gray color and not shiny. It appears to be an old point that was then sharpened on the flat, non shouldered side. Perhaps it was a knife. I'll try to find another pic of it. Thanks!
Could be a crude triangle but yes more pics will help
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom