What's new

Panning the Fraser River, BC

CanadianTrout

Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
733
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Howdy folks! Been awhile since I was active on this site but here we are now.

With retirement on the horizon (5 or less years) I've been thinking about what that new chapter in my life could bring. I find it interesting to note how sometimes life can come full circle. In my teens and 20's I was very active in the outdoors. I've done remote canoe trips in northern Ontario that would curl most peoples hair. Licensed scuba diver. I've worked out of the Forest Fire Base in Armstrong ON. Avid fisherman and hunter. Planted trees. Work for the MNR (Ministry of Natural Resources) for 2 years. And many, many camping and canoe trips.

Broke into my 30's and settled down. Wife (now ex), 2 kids, house in the big city and a good job that covered it all. Found that with city life and other distractions and blah blah blah excuse after excuse I just kind of coasted for awhile. Like... the last 20 years LOL. Kids are successful, out-in-the-world, young ladies and I'm a happy bachelor - never going through that horse shit again :)

So, here we are. I'm looking to move out west to somewhere around the Fraser Valley, BC. I'm thinking of buying in the town of Hope located right along the river there. My plan is to get back into the outdoors, enjoy the water and the mountains and begin my gold panning adventures!

Is there anyone in these forums from the Fraser Valley area? Looking to hear your thoughts and maybe get some input/advise on the location and life out there!

Thanks for listening!

-Trout

1756489998550.webp
 
Upvote 0
Howdy Trout, and welcome to the site.... :hello:

I think the first thing I would do is to check into what the prospecting/mining regs are
for the Frasier.
 
Dan Hurd on youtube would be the one to talk to, he has a claim on the Frasier.
 
Howdy folks! Been awhile since I was active on this site but here we are now.

With retirement on the horizon (5 or less years) I've been thinking about what that new chapter in my life could bring. I find it interesting to note how sometimes life can come full circle. In my teens and 20's I was very active in the outdoors. I've done remote canoe trips in northern Ontario that would curl most peoples hair. Licensed scuba diver. I've worked out of the Forest Fire Base in Armstrong ON. Avid fisherman and hunter. Planted trees. Work for the MNR (Ministry of Natural Resources) for 2 years. And many, many camping and canoe trips.

Broke into my 30's and settled down. Wife (now ex), 2 kids, house in the big city and a good job that covered it all. Found that with city life and other distractions and blah blah blah excuse after excuse I just kind of coasted for awhile. Like... the last 20 years LOL. Kids are successful, out-in-the-world, young ladies and I'm a happy bachelor - never going through that horse shit again :)

So, here we are. I'm looking to move out west to somewhere around the Fraser Valley, BC. I'm thinking of buying in the town of Hope located right along the river there. My plan is to get back into the outdoors, enjoy the water and the mountains and begin my gold panning adventures!

Is there anyone in these forums from the Fraser Valley area? Looking to hear your thoughts and maybe get some input/advise on the location and life out there!

Thanks for listening!

-Trout

View attachment 2223021


I'm not from Hope or the Fraser Valley but can give a bit of info to start your panning. Attached is the Free Panning ( outlined in red ) reserve in Hope which anyone can pan on
and where you do not need your own staked claim, and I also attached a link to the Mineral Titles that explains all about free panning & more info. Hope this helps you out & all the best panning gold.

 

Attachments

  • Hope Panning Reserve.webp
    Hope Panning Reserve.webp
    159.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom