Nasturtium Blossoms and Cream Cheese

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
My nasturtiums are in full bloom so thought I would share this favorite recipe.
Stuffed Nasturtium Blossoms

Yield: 6 servings

20-26 nasturtiums blossoms
1/4 c Cream cheese, warm up to at room temperature
24 Capers
Lightly rinse and pat dry nasturtiums,placing on a tray or large platter. With end of teaspoon, press about 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese into center of each nasturtium Pat capers dry on paper towels. Push a caper into the center of the cream cheese in each flower.
Serve stuffed nasturtiums immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, no more than 1 hour. Yummmmmy and pretty to eat!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of such a thing. Like to see a picture of the naturtium blossom. Please, Please.

Burdie

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The flowers, leaves, and stems add a nice, peppery touch to everything from soups to salads. You can even pickle the seeds and immature fruit and use them as a substitute for capers, should you be so inclined

Attachments

• blossom.jpg
    blossom.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 117

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Made me look to see what a naturtium blossom was also. I've included a picture.
I couldn't even imagine eating one of those pretty flowers. Maybe they would look good and a garnish next to a nice porter house and baked potato :D .

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

Attachments

• nasturtium-alaska2.jpg
    nasturtium-alaska2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 222

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
??? Sounds like one of those Left Coast Recipes! Probably tastes pretty good tho! Never had Nasturtium! I stay away from ingredients I don't know, like Wild Mushrooms!

Joe :o

M

mchamby

I agree with you gypsy they are tasty any way you make them. Your a girl after my own heart. I forage the best I can even with my heath problems. I had pickled hot fiddleheads for lunch, I have to ask the person that gave them to me if she has the recipe, yummy
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread