Nasturtium Blossoms and Cream Cheese

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
My nasturtiums are in full bloom so thought I would share this favorite recipe.
Stuffed Nasturtium Blossoms

Yield: 6 servings

20-26 nasturtiums blossoms
1/4 c Cream cheese, warm up to at room temperature
24 Capers
Lightly rinse and pat dry nasturtiums,placing on a tray or large platter. With end of teaspoon, press about 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese into center of each nasturtium Pat capers dry on paper towels. Push a caper into the center of the cream cheese in each flower.
Serve stuffed nasturtiums immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, no more than 1 hour. Yummmmmy and pretty to eat!

Never heard of such a thing. Like to see a picture of the naturtium blossom. Please, Please.

Burdie

The flowers, leaves, and stems add a nice, peppery touch to everything from soups to salads. You can even pickle the seeds and immature fruit and use them as a substitute for capers, should you be so inclined

Attachments

• blossom.jpg
    blossom.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 118
Made me look to see what a naturtium blossom was also. I've included a picture.
I couldn't even imagine eating one of those pretty flowers. Maybe they would look good and a garnish next to a nice porter house and baked potato :D .

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

Attachments

• nasturtium-alaska2.jpg
    nasturtium-alaska2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 223
??? Sounds like one of those Left Coast Recipes! Probably tastes pretty good tho! Never had Nasturtium! I stay away from ingredients I don't know, like Wild Mushrooms!

Joe :o

I agree with you gypsy they are tasty any way you make them. Your a girl after my own heart. I forage the best I can even with my heath problems. I had pickled hot fiddleheads for lunch, I have to ask the person that gave them to me if she has the recipe, yummy
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back