What's new

National Geographic magazine collection - 1920s to the 1950s

MatthewVictor

Greenie
Joined
Nov 21, 2016
Messages
14
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Treasure Hunter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Great grandfather left quite a large collection of old National Geographic magazines for the family. You probably don't find the name familiar, but Earl Lockman, my greatgrandpa, was a well-known magician and escape-artist in his day. "Locks don't lock Lockman" was a phrase often used in his advertisements and posters. His acquaintances included Harry Houdini and others celebrated in that occupation. Anyhow, I have some pictures of the magazines here:
 

Attachments

  • 1122161320a.webp
    1122161320a.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • 1122161319~2.webp
    1122161319~2.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
  • 1122161324~2.webp
    1122161324~2.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
  • 1122161329a~2.webp
    1122161329a~2.webp
    1 MB · Views: 202
  • 1122161328.webp
    1122161328.webp
    979.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 1122161321~2.webp
    1122161321~2.webp
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 187
When I was a kid I had several of these........but I just looked at the girls.....you know:laughing7:
 
Oh yeah, those Bali natives?
 
LOVE IT, My dad had every one from 1909 to 2000 when he passed away VERY sadly my mom didn't know he had always said I could have them and she didn't know I wanted them so she gave them away to a nice family with several kids who promptly started cutting them up Ugggg they even cut the floppy records like the moon landing, sounds of whales and the likes as well as the old maps, I was sick it's been over 17 years and I'm still sick lol.
Great collection, Let everyone know they are to be passed down.
 
I love the older National Geographic's. I still like to read the old articles. Nice collection you have there.
 
There is a lot online about your grandpa as I'm sure you know zzzzz2.webpzzzzz1.webpzzzzz.webp

Great collection, Do you or some family have his locks and magic stuff?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom