North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
Anyone in Indiana know of a local bank within 50 miles of Kokomo that carry Native American $1 Coins? Any that have a stockpile of two dollar bills. I love spending those, You lose money buying from the mint. Neither of these circulated much. The banks I ask don't have any and say they have no control over the coins they get. I figure if anyone would know you roll hunters would. Thanks and HH......GRiley

Upvote 0

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
By Native American do you mean the Sacagawea (sp) dollar pieces? If I ask for dollar coins I am just as likely to get those as SBAs, and rarely any Presidential coins.

Banks normally can order $2 bills if asked. Do you just happen to have lazy banks in your area? I know one bank with local branches receives stacks of $2 bills around Christmas time because of expected requests. Truthfully, the tellers worry about selling their quotas. They have to "sell" them to the customers in order to get rid of them a few at a time.

Rascal

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Rascal,
Yes I am asking about the Sacagawea Dollars. I have ask like 6 banks for them and always get the same answer, No we don't have any and we have no control over the coins we get in. I guess it's decided on an inventory basis. None can or won't order specific type coins. Every time a new coin design comes out I go thru the same problem. We don't have any and we have no control over getting any. Just keep checking in.......GRiley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread