What's new

Native American Drill/ Perforator?

MOGARDE

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
112
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey there,

We found this piece with a few other artifacts. It looks like a drill maybe? The left side appears to be worked down quite a bit and not broken but I'm not sure. Thought I would get some more experienced options. Thanks so much!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8688.webp
    IMG_8688.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_8753.webp
    IMG_8753.webp
    89 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_8740 (1).webp
    IMG_8740 (1).webp
    118 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
To me it looks like a point that was damaged long after it was made. On the first pic, the patina on the base is evident, not so much on the blade. Shine a UV light on it and see if there is a difference in the patinas. Was it found in a plowed field? Rocky creek? Just my guess. Gary
 
I like the color of it. My vote is a snapped off base.
 
Yeah, I like the color.
 
Edge broke point with intact base, repurposed into a side-scraper, very cool!
 
Nice find! I agree with ToddsPoint...looks like a broken/damaged point.
 
Odd looking for sure , maybe just a quickly made tool for a specific task at hand
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom