What's new

Natural? Broken? Unfinished? Help!!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I have had this piece for some time now. It keeps drawing my attention. I can't tell if it's natural, broken, or a work in progress. Well.... Progress probably not any more, but still. What do you all think?

image-1081301483.webp



image-1561971067.webp



image-2217120778.webp



image-3063259145.webp



image-128615517.webp

Thanks in advance!!
 
Upvote 0
Looks like pumice. Is it hard or is it soft? Lite in weight or heavy? And those stairs look steep, lol
 
rock said:
Looks like pumice. Is it hard or is it soft? Lite in weight or heavy? And those stairs look steep, lol

Hi Rock. It is a hard stone. I think granite of some sort. Pretty heavy. Well, what you would expect for a stone this size. Oh, the steps will not let me make it far when sleep walking. Thanks man!!
 
I think it is natural but maybe the pictures just dont do it justice. Dang I hear the tornado whistle blowing. It only sounds off if a tornado has been seen.
 
rock said:
I think it is natural but maybe the pictures just dont do it justice. Dang I hear the tornado whistle blowing. It only sounds off if a tornado has been seen.

Thanks for the input Rock. You are probably right. It is rough textured, where most stone of this type is smooth. That doesn't mean years of field abuse isn't responsible for the seemingly pecked texture of this stone. If it were part of a Celt or axe, it would be the prettiest one I have ever seen. I'm thinking this stone saw the hands of man, but was never completed. It may have been to hard of a stone or to grainy, so they abandoned it. Not sure? I certainly do appreciate your response and I am now getting the piss knocked out of me, by the same storm y'all had earlier. "ooh bother" as the great Winnie the Pooh would say. Lol! Keep on keepin on brother!!
 
Yeah that storm dropped allot of rain and the tornado missed me again.
 
I think it is natural but maybe the pictures just dont do it justice. Dang I hear the tornado whistle blowing. It only sounds off if a tornado has been seen.

Ooo I like that. I'm a storm spotter/chaser. Did ya get anything out of it? EDIT: Now I see the answer to that lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom