What's new

natural chemical free hornet trap

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set my vft out each morning for some sun and fresh air. Seems this hornet came along and got more than it bargained for.
 

Attachments

  • 20250724_095805_1.mp4
    10.6 MB
Last edited:
Thats a big ol bug to digest.
I pulled it out with some tweezers and it flew away. I couldn't watch the poor hornet struggling anymore. That plant definitely had a good grip on it. I feed it small grasshoppers and its strange, but it rejects common flys I put in its grabbers in around ten minutes after it clamps down on them it opens up and they fall out. The little grasshoppers I feed it stay sealed inside for maybe a week or more and then it opens up leaving a flattened out dry exoskeleton of what was a baby grasshopper. I believe the grasshoppers have been very beneficial to its health.
 
Last edited:
I've never seen one in the wild but I know people have found them in N. Florida.
I bought this one pretty cheap at Walmart. I believe its a greenhouse grown hybrid plant and not a natural plant. I got it to show the grandson something unique in the world of plants. This one is really thriving compared to others my kids had. Maybe moving it out of the little clear plastic container it came in helped it out. Watering can only be done with rainwater or distilled water and I keep roots submerged in distilled water all the time. It even grew blossoms one time which I posted.
 
I could not get anything to appear in your first post
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom