What's new

Winter MIA

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we did get 5 inches of snow over the weekend, but Oklahoma got more than us. Not much at all along the Arkansas south of Leadville. It has been cool in the mornings. Saw some interesting wooden remains out in the river but no clue what they represent.
1-28aaa.webp
1-28bbb.webp
1-28ccc.webp
1-28ddd.webp
1-26aa.webp
 
And an interesting tale about this area. The old stagecoach road to Leadville ran along the east side of the river. (You can see it in the 3rd pic about 3/4 of the way up alongside the hill.) A posse killed a stagecoach robber along the road and the robber turned out to be the wife of one of the posse members. Supposedly they buried her right there. I always keep my eyes open, but haven't come across a grave. Another tale of buried stolen stagecoach loot around there, and haven't come across that either.
 
I'm with cyzak on thats where a pump was once stationed. There are old places that once bridged the Arkansas in the past. Two I know of in the BV area that were long gone before I moved into the area in the late 1970s. One I believe was put there for the old stage route.
 
I lean towards cyzak's explanation cause I've seen those pumping stations in a few creeks around here. Not much farming around there but a lot of placer mining and ranching.
 
And like I told you, that was a 'tale' about the stagecoach robber. Good story though. When I come across the grave, I'll tell y'all what is probably the real story about that.
 
Keep lookin something might turn up.
 
Last edited:
Well we did get 5 inches of snow over the weekend, but Oklahoma got more than us. Not much at all along the Arkansas south of Leadville. It has been cool in the mornings. Saw some interesting wooden remains out in the river but no clue what they represent.View attachment 2242554View attachment 2242555View attachment 2242556View attachment 2242557View attachment 2242558
Those look like old timber piles from an old bridge foundation. Check the old maps and mark it on there for future reference.
 
Amazing pictures and places. Seems they sure had it a lot rougher than we do
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom