What's new

Natural copper ingot or melted coins?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another interesting dumpsite find. This object measures 1 1/4" X 7/8" and weighs 24.6 grams, being copper in color. Any Ideas? Comments?
 

Attachments

  • 100_2984.webp
    100_2984.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 100_2980.webp
    100_2980.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 100_2985.webp
    100_2985.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 654
Probably melted metal of some sort. When digging for bottles we find similar items. Often I think they burned the trash over and over again as they dumped and sometimes these fires would burn at extremely high temperatures for extended periods of time. Just my thought.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Where did you find it?


What makes you think it's not part gold?
 
Upvote 0
It was found in central Texas. I don't know if there is or isn't any gold in this nugget. However it does look like some of the specimens from the link that Montana Jim provided, and I am satisfied with the ID.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom