What's new

Natural or man made?

jose159

Full Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
198
Reaction score
408
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these holes in rock formations while metal detecting in a remote area . Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3446.webp
    IMG_3446.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3444.webp
    IMG_3444.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3445.webp
    IMG_3445.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
Looks natural to me, unless it broke off some flat ledge overlooking a river! I also think they would be more uniform. Good eye!
 
They are natural, called Omarolluk, Omar's for short....
 
After reading about these formations I have found it very interesting that I am finding that they are not supposed to be as far south (sw Pa) as where I am finding them. I wonder if Geologists would be interested in this?
 
After reading about these formations I have found it very interesting that I am finding that they are not supposed to be as far south (sw Pa) as where I am finding them. I wonder if Geologists would be interested in this?
Not unusual to find them in Pa, I found them as far south and West as Missouri, and they have been found in KC area of Kansas.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom