What's new

Naval Button ?

vpone

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
828
Golden Thread
1
Location
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Guys,

I found this today at an old 1860's sawmill site.
any idea the type (naval button ?) and approximate date ? It seems to be 2 piece and has a shank but is VERY corroded on the back

any ideas ?

thanks in advance,

vp
 

Attachments

  • navalbutton.webp
    navalbutton.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 183
That button is in fantastic condition man... congrats!!
Wish I could give you some info on the ID, but I've got nothin'.

Bran <><
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
It's a U.S. Marine Corps button.

:) i really know my armed forces huh ? :)

here's the back - thanks for your help !

vp
 

Attachments

  • button-back.webp
    button-back.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom