What's new

Navy Silver buckle 13 Stars HELP!!!!!!

Joined
May 16, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I had a few Minutes to metal detect a new spot So I decided to go for it 30 minutes into it I found this belt buckle and it SILVER! I can't seem to find another just like it on the web. some are close but they are brass. Any help would be very Helpfull
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130516_193733.webp
    ForumRunner_20130516_193733.webp
    80 KB · Views: 350
  • ForumRunner_20130516_193702.webp
    ForumRunner_20130516_193702.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 341
  • ForumRunner_20130516_193445.webp
    ForumRunner_20130516_193445.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 14
Don't know what it is, but it's a real nice looking buckle. :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow! That thing is beautiful!!
 
Holy poop that's a nice buckle! I hope you find out when it's from

Scouts out!
 
Old.... new.. I dunno.

But congrats on a sweet piece of large silver. Keepin my fingers crossed for that it's a great historic specimen. Thats a great find!
 
What's the mark above sterling?

Scouts out!
 
Im Pretty sure its old I found 5 Wheaties within 20 feet of it all from the 1920'S
 
The detail on it is amazing

Scouts out!
 
I have a similar buckle on a sword belt I wore at military school. It was a naval military school and my buckle is brass. Hope this helps.
 
Called a False Two Piece,and should Date to the 1880's-.The Silver washed ones are a bit more rare....possibly Officers?I dunno?
 
Simply stunning!!!!!
 
Wow, Wow, and --- WOW! :hello2: :occasion18: I rarely get excited about buckles, but that is GORGEOUS, a work of art! CONGRATS! Andi
 
Nice looking buckle!!!!!
 
...just a follow up,and confirmation on what I stated above,it is on page 607 Plate 1020 of Odonnels Buckle book.They state that it is indeed a Officers dress buckle/plate..also states that an unusual feature is, "the eagle is standing on both talons,on the shank of the anchor"
 
man that is one beautiful buckle!!!!! awesome find!
 
Sweet buckle there8-) Would love to find one :treasurechest:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom