NC beach detecting

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Kure Beach is littered with 50 cal bullets. It used to be a WWII firing range.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
what! .........................

scooterl

Feb 23, 2008
badin lake nc.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx, excalibur 1000
this gye is full of it . i found one old coin there and he says the beach is covered. i believe he needs to get a life :D

FrankTM

Sep 4, 2006
Illinois (Dekalb County)
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350
I thought you couldnt detect on those beaches. Are they part of the National SeaShore? Otherwise I will be out there in June and would love to detect them.

Frank

DebbzInNC

Feb 23, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
FrankTM said:
I thought you couldnt detect on those beaches. Are they part of the National SeaShore? Otherwise I will be out there in June and would love to detect them.

Frank
I was under the same impression. Thought National Seashores was a no-no along with Fort Fisher, Fort Macon, Radio Island and also Hatterias areas.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
DebbzInNC said:
FrankTM said:

Frank
I was under the same impression. Thought National Seashores was a no-no along with Fort Fisher, Fort Macon, Radio Island and also Hatterias areas.

Some are open during the "off season" some are never open.

xenaskm

Oct 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Silver, Tesoro Tiger Shark
You can detect on the beaches from Nags Head north to the VA state line all year round. The beaches there are not part of the national seashore. Anywhere south of Nags Head is off limits all year round because they are part of the national seashore.

I've been to the Outer Banks 3 times since November and all I found was some clad, soda/beer cans, and even aluminum siding, so I'd love to know where people are finding Spanish coins every day.???

Sue

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
We are going to Corolla , N.C. "upper outer banks" next week..I would like to know if I can MD the beaches in that area. There was a site that gave 5 - 6 locations that you could MD and listed those that you can't..Could use some help if any one can.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is still a lot to be found at the beaches. You need to go before the next tide after a good storm. If you see cuts in the sand smile and go for it you will do good and find some good finds. Depending on how severe the storm is you may get a 24 hour window before the sand repositions and fills in the cuts. The only problem I have is timing. How can I plan to take of when a storm hits? You need to live near the beach or be able to take off at the drop of a hat. I got a heads up about a cut at Ocean City, MD last month. The finder found a few older coins 1940s and a nice gold diamond ring. The problem I was at work, could have left work early 3PM, went home to get my detector and went. I would get the about 5:30 PM. High tide at 6 PM. Talk about bad timing.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions