What's new

NC coast Spike find

Themilkman88

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the OBX region last week and found this on the shore on 10/19. From what I read on other posts, it looks like a ship spike but was wondering for sure if anyone knows what it is.
 

Attachments

  • image1.webp
    image1.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • image2.webp
    image2.webp
    331.8 KB · Views: 220
  • image3.webp
    image3.webp
    758.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image4.webp
    image4.webp
    795.7 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 6
Could be a ship spike, it's cool for sure congrats
 
Most likely a ship's spike, and appears to be bronze! Nice find!
 
Probably ship spike. Soak in water to get rid of the salt or it go pffftttt. As in crumble, at least the wood. Then consider a douse of thinned Elmer's glue and water and let dry.
 
I'd leave it as is that is original wood around original spike doesn't get much cooler
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom