NC Newbie Seeks Your Opinions

AFterBurn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2020
N.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Intro of a total Novice

Hey all, new member from N.C. and from what I’ve already researched, it seems this is a special place! I very recently discovered gold on my property, and have begun the process of panning and filtering manually. However the gold ranges (so far) from flakes to fines to dust. I sometimes cannot tell what is sand and what’s gold until it dries. I’ve got vids and pics that may help visualize and communicate more effectively... how/where can I post them? Btw: The gold is about a foot deep, mostly stuck amongst a foot-thick sandy layer of gravel that is located between two layers of dense red clay. Have only dug to the second clay layer so far but I’m curious if there’s any possibility of finding larger nuggets etc in this sort of landscape, or if I should get a detector. This area perhaps was an dried riverbed from long ago, clearly as it’s a lawn now. Any help from anyone with such experience in this area would be a good place to start. Looking forward to learning and growing here! Thanks in advance for any private messages or replies!

OP
OP
AFterBurn

AFterBurn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2020
N.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello and thanks for stopping by! I recently discovered gold of my properly last week, and would like help on how to proceed. I’ve got pictures/video of the type of gold I’m finding which is mostly Flakes fines and micro. I’ve done an acid test to confirm it’s gold and now need help with well everything from here forward but especially with filtering out the gold. Is anyone else prospecting in North Carolina? That stuff I am finding is stuck in a thick silty and sandy layer between two thick layers of clay, which also contain gold. About 1 foot down from surface is the sandy layer, which is also a about a foot thick. Any help or advice would be great as well as how to post the pictures and videos. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
AFterBurn

AFterBurn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2020
N.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
03D5C636-93C0-468F-872B-4B00897ECCF3.jpeg

DEBEBCEE-BD29-4440-A0F7-6EB33C3DB10B.jpeg

9B39C1C5-B51E-4EFF-853A-65D49D1B21F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome and Congratulations.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes go to the prospecting forum they will help you very very good folks there. Welcome from MI Tommy

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-)
:cat:
:occasion14:
:headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Nice pan full! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread