What's new

Near Gore Canyon, CO

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped in the Radium area last night along the Colorado River. They got that busy railroad track up there and thought I spotted a train wreck off in the distance. But when I got there it was just a work crew on the tracks by Radium.
 

Attachments

  • 4-16a.webp
    4-16a.webp
    84 KB · Views: 76
  • 4-16b.webp
    4-16b.webp
    102.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 4-16c.webp
    4-16c.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 4-16d.webp
    4-16d.webp
    141.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 4-16e.webp
    4-16e.webp
    135.3 KB · Views: 76
Beautiful country! My Atlas doesn't show radium, but does show Gore Pass.
Jim
 
Last edited:
Great looking country! Nice pics, thanks. Waters' still a bit high, but when I see a stream like that, my casting arm starts twitching, and I'm automatically picking out trout lies.
 
Great looking country! Nice pics, thanks. Waters' still a bit high, but when I see a stream like that, my casting arm starts twitching, and I'm automatically picking out trout lies.
I kinda like that Kray. I'm sure it was a mis-type, but after my fishing trips I sometimes have a lot of 'trout lies', picked out too.
 
I kinda like that Kray. I'm sure it was a mis-type, but after my fishing trips I sometimes have a lot of 'trout lies', picked out too.

LOL. I have a few of those, too. I'm kind of a dinosaur, but we used to call the spot a trout chose to lie in wait for chow, a trout lie. Rather than blind casting, choosing the likely spot to drop your fly improves your odds. 'Course, I'm not telling you anything new here. Maybe a trout lie is called something else now.
 
I would love to have a cabin near that river - beautiful shots!:occasion14:
 
Splendid! Thanks for sharing them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom