What's new

Near Leadville CO

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went over to Turquoise Lake and then up to the Hagerman Tunnel looking around today. Caught two browns but a little smaller than what I would want to post a pic of, haha! Got back and went with the grandson down to the Summit Daily News where they were going to interview him and a couple of his soccer team mates for their views on the World Cup. (I hate to say it, but I think futbol is a game that confuses activity with results. However, this boy has livened it up a little for me. I've seen him score 4 or 5 goals in a game. Which last for about 6 hours it seems.)
 

Attachments

  • 6-26a.webp
    6-26a.webp
    119.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 6-26b.webp
    6-26b.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 6-26c.webp
    6-26c.webp
    155.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 6-26d.webp
    6-26d.webp
    150.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 6-26j.webp
    6-26j.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 73
Nice photos and congratulations to your grandson! :occasion14:
 
Beautiful, RGINN!

Grandpa, your involvement with your grandson will go along way! :thumbsup:
 
Riding the train over Hagerman was a very popular experience and destination back in the late 19th and early 20th century. It's been an idea in my mind that it could be that again if the route was reconstructed, just like the Durango Silverton is today. That would definitely boost the economy in Leadville and Basalt Colorado, but it would require a whole lot of money to pull off such a project. Maybe some billionaires will have the same idea I've had all these years someday?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180627_034336.webp
    IMG_20180627_034336.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom