What's new

Neat piece of coral i picked up. At least i think its coral.

BadAdze

Full Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
233
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat piece of coral i picked up. At least i think it's coral.

Sand bars are cool!!!

100_1374 (800x597).webp

100_1372 (800x597).webp

100_1373 (800x597).webp
 
Nice! Where (what state) did you find it? I was not able to zoom in on it, but it looks like coral as you say.
 
Northwest Missouri, week ago, sorry , i usually say where im at, my apologizes...... I literally have a problem with picking up anything that looks cool, or out of my so called ordinary. I am about too have to dedicate a ROOM for the boxes of rocks, minerals, flake, cores, probably some poop somewhere too... haha.. I lived in Alabama till almost 4 years ago, just got into stone artifacts when my girlfriend inherited her grandfathers collection, not quite a year, and have found everything but what i look for. That glacier that drug itself across here brought literally everything with it. The Bison Antiquus, i have 8-10 nice bones, good skull fragment with 4 intact teeth, even a Cannon bone with tool marks in it. I cant for the life of me find a point, a preform, lots of flake though. I will prevail!!!!!
 
ill see if i can post a slightly larger picture.
 
Let's see if this is better.

100_1375 (1024x764).webp

100_1376 (1024x764).webp

100_1377 (1024x764).webp
 
Let's see if this is better.

Good images. I'd say that these are bryozoans. These colonial animals build calcareous skeletons (often replaced by silica in fossils). Individual animals are called "zooids" and each living chamber is called a "zooecium." The opening in the living chamber is called an "aperture," while the whole colony is called a "zooarium."
Sooo . . . my guess is that you have fragments of several zooaria. Good finds.
 
Sorry guys, i need to mention im a picture taking nut, these are different views of the same item.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom