What's new

Necklace--Foreign Language

NewbieDoobieDo

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Does anyone know what language is inscribed on this necklace? I thought it looked like Russian, but was told by a Russian friend it isn't.
 

Attachments

  • necklace1.webp
    necklace1.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 284
Might be Russian, or one of the Soviet bloc languages (there are 15 of them).
 
Thanks. It seems to be brass (links solid/pendant stamped) with enamel on it. I have not be able to find anyone who can identify what it says. It looks more like some ceremonial pendant than an actual necklance--but I'm just guessing. I would love to know what it says. I checked a site that sells cyrillic fonts but didn't find all of the letters from this item included in any of their selections.
 

Attachments

  • necklace2.webp
    necklace2.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 217
There is/was a member here from Russia name Nahabit(?). He might be of some help in ruling out Russian dialects. Heck, he might even know what it says.
 
Hi!its NOT russian medal but it is familiar language for me, I will try to ask my friends about this medal. It is may be Poland may be Moldova may be Chech republic
 
in my opinion your cross was made in period 1750-1850
 
Thanks nahabit for your help. This is really interesting--I had just about given up on finding out what language this would be. I was surprised to see the same lettering on that other piece. Thanks again.
 
"За военные заслуги" - for honor in the battle
 
Nice find and I love your handle. (Newbie Doobie Do) :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom