art digger

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2007
Jacksonville, Fla.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know where I can get a new headphone jack for my Silver Sabre Plus ? I purchased it in 1990 and its been broken for a awhile. I never knew Tesoro went out of business until recently. Been away from the hobby for quite sometime and would like get back into it again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

art digger

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2007
Jacksonville, Fla.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info 777! Ill look into it.
Art

Greenie
Mar 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info 777! Ill look into it.
Art

No problem...I bought a Switchcraft 4 pin jack for my Tejon there because some meat head stripped the threads on it...I bought the Tejon second hand and after I received it in the mail I discovered the stripped threads...He didn't say anything about it before I purchased it...That was chore I tell you!

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem...I bought a Switchcraft 4 pin jack for my Tejon there because some meathead stripped the threads on it...I bought the Tejon second hand and after I received it in the mail I discovered the stripped threads...He didn't say anything about it before I purchased it...That was a chore I tell you!

I bet it was, did you have to remove the toggle? I bought a used one from eBay too; the guy lied through his teeth about the condition. After such a bad experience, I don't think I could ever buy another used machine from the internet at least.

Greenie
Mar 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it was, did you have to remove the toggle? I bought a used one from eBay too; the guy lied through his teeth about the condition. After such a bad experience, I don't think I could ever buy another used machine from the internet at least.

No...Lucky the toggle was fine!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

With the ebay buyer protection you just return it for a refund. Seller gets to eat the shipping both ways.
I’ve returned two different Tesoro detectors that were described as excellent working condition - when both were junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread