What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need a little help to indenify this item.

Cletus

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
458
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
0
Location
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this today on a plantation home that was built in the 1700's. Thinking it may be a sash buckle but unsure.
 

Attachments

  • 20211219_155018.webp
    20211219_155018.webp
    881.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 20211219_155052.webp
    20211219_155052.webp
    895.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20211219_155034.webp
    20211219_155034.webp
    783.5 KB · Views: 102
I looked at this for a while yesterday. It looks very heavy duty. That often means "horse equipment". Seems too fancy for that... I still think it is some kind of strap guide or fastener, but I didn't find anything even remotely close in my research.

Perhaps bumping it will bring other opinions.
 
Upvote 5
I looked at this for a while yesterday. It looks very heavy duty. That often means "horse equipment". Seems too fancy for that... I still think it is some kind of strap guide or fastener, but I didn't find anything even remotely close in my research.

Perhaps bumping it will bring other opinions.
Thank you for your reply and effort.
 
Upvote 2
Wow that is a keeper. So far I agree w/ DCMatt and still looking. Please clean dirt off and let us know if there are any marks.
 
Upvote 2
Whatever it is it's quite a nice piece. Should clean up nicely and regardless of what it is be a nice show piece.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, please clean the dirt off, does look like a buckle.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom