What's new

Need a little help

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
7,236
Golden Thread
2
Location
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an invite from a friend got out for about an hour or so I know that it's a rivet and still has fibers on it hoping some one can give me an age and what it could have been attached to its about the size of a dime
 

Attachments

  • 1457752374662.webp
    1457752374662.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 1457752408554.webp
    1457752408554.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 4
I have found those in a WW I camp from the early 1900s - even tough it has stars I think it was from clothes used
by civilians - possibly from overalls - I don't know if still used but if you found it in a 100 yr old area - it
can possibly be 100 yrs old Id say
 
DID YOU HAPPEN TO FIND IT NEAR A CCC CAMP AREA OR PROJECT?
 
In duxbury
 
It does look like a jeans or coveralls rivet
 
it's a US military button for the herringbone twill jacket and pants. use of these started in WW2 and continued into the Korean war and beyond
 
it's a US military button for the herringbone twill jacket and pants. use of these started in WW2 and continued into the Korean war and beyond

mine were found at a WW I camp ---they did nothing military there after 1919 (until Iraq war)
but CCC was there in late 30s
 
iv got an identical one i found last year in centeral maryland
 
mine were found at a WW I camp ---they did nothing military there after 1919 (until Iraq war)
but CCC was there in late 30s

according to anything I've been able to find on the net, the buttons didn't exist before 1938. Here's a site with some good info... RECORDS - THE_DENIM_VAULT
 
according to anything I've been able to find on the net, the buttons didn't exist before 1938. Here's a site with some good info... RECORDS - THE_DENIM_VAULT

if this is the case then mine were lost by CCC workers - which occupied a small area at my spot in 1938 - Ive gotten mercs around them in a small area on my site that was used by CCC
the WW I camp site I mostly get WWI relics and uniform buttons and indian heads with barbers - stuff pre 1917
 
Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom