What's new

Need a Name

texjim

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
4,340
Reaction score
2,703
Golden Thread
0
Location
schuylkill county pa.
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know the name of this chair or who makes it? All i know is that they have been making this since the 50's and can't find anything about it. Thanks Tex
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0580.webp
    DSCN0580.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 345
other then Patio or Lawn Chair sorry Can't help
 
Upvote 0
lol My wife and i have spent hours looking it up online and visiting stores. This is our last resort.
 
Upvote 0
texjim said:
lol My wife and i have spent hours looking it up online and visiting stores. This is our last resort.

I Wouldn't be surprised if somone here has one
or 3 & May know.

I Know if I Was going to Describe it,
I'd persomnally say "High Back Lawn chair"
 
Upvote 0
I have heard them called iron spring based lawn chairs at public auctions.
Might want to search something like "iron spring lawn chairs".
Joe
 
Upvote 0
mtntrekr2 said:
I have heard them called iron spring based lawn chairs at public auctions.
Might want to search something like "iron spring lawn chairs".
Joe
You may be onto something.


TexJim- Is it wrought iron?
 
Upvote 0
Plastic Or Wicker ?
 
Upvote 0
it is iron with a wicker seat. but the seating has iron inside the wicker. i tried the "iron spring lawn chair" it was close.
 
Upvote 0
Greta chairs, sorta surprised mine have not been stolen yet (hell they steal American flags around here). I acquired mine from my wife's grandfather , when he passed 25 years ago. Don't know what they're called either, but if you see any at auction or anywhere for sale GRAB 'EM! They are the most comfortable chairs anywhere, the rust you see on mine is superficial and does not affect the comfort. One chair is sprung light and the other is really stiff, His & Hers? Ours are over 60 years old. Good luck figuring out what they call them. I would suggest looking at old Sears catalogs or Spiegal catalog, I will look in my 1950 Spiegal today........NGE
 

Attachments

  • springy lawn chairs #1 view.webp
    springy lawn chairs #1 view.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 251
  • springy lawn chairs #2 view.webp
    springy lawn chairs #2 view.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 0
I think yours was called a bouncer...vynil webbing? or real wicker?
Try the late 70's early 80's retro sections
 
Upvote 0
It's called a bay breeze lounger. Now i have to find a company that will sell to individuals. Thanks everyone.. Tex
 
Upvote 0
We had the same chair back in the early nineties as well as one that was more a chaise lounge. If I remember, we purchased ours from either Feagan's furniture in Fredonia Kentucky or Brown's furniture in Princeton KY. Brown's is now out of business, so you might give Feagans a call to see if they can help you. Their number is 270 545 3498.
Good luck. You're right, they were great chairs.
 
Upvote 0
Lioyd Flanders is the company, the chair is called Bay breeze. They stopped making the chairs around 4 years ago. Although i did find a place that had one in storage. My wife is going to pick it up tomorrow after work. They are the most comfortable chair. Thanks everyone.. Tex
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom