Need a picture dowsed

anthony8o8

Greenie
Jul 25, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Hello all. I'm looking for buried treasure that was supposedly buried at this rough location. Please help. I am going to go out there next week and would appreciate any information you can give me. i.e. Location of the Caches, Is the treasure there?, How many caches is buried there? How deep will I have to dig? How much in US dollar value can I expect to find there? Thank you all. Please help!

Attachments

• treasure hunt.jpg
    treasure hunt.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 673

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey anthony8o8…Don’t have much time to spare today so I did a quicky.
I am getting Silver Coins and Jewelry in a trunk buried 3 feet deep under a Marked rock. This should get you in the area. That also was a small hint of danger so be careful…Art

Attachments

• treasure_hunt.jpg
    treasure_hunt.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 791
  • aa2.jpg
    aa2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 696
  • treasure_hunt.jpg
    treasure_hunt.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 639
  • aa2.jpg
    aa2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 596
  • 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 676
OP
OP
anthony8o8

anthony8o8

Greenie
Jul 25, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
If any of the other dowsers can add their 2cents it would be most appreciated too. Art>Is it possible to pick up what I should be cautioned to? What is the rock marked with? Will it be face up so I can identify the marking or will I have to check? Thanks for your help. I'm not a dowser though I will definitely try it more. I'm not a skeptic either and I give much respect to those who are skilled in the art of dowsing.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey anthony8o8….Sorry that I could not learn more. This whole map Dowsing thing is about asking the right questions. If I can not ask the right questions I can not get good answers. I learn from the feedback I receive.
My signal for danger is the pendulum jumping up and down. It did its thing with a small movement up and down. I ask a few questions about danger and the markings on the rock but got no yes answers. I have not done many pirate treasure sires so my knowledge is not the greatest…Art

OP
OP
anthony8o8

anthony8o8

Greenie
Jul 25, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Hey Art no worries and thank you for your help. The first picture that you posted for me is the most likely spot as the story goes it was buried on the southern side of the mountain under fitted rock used as a marker. Maybe the danger that you picked up on was the 2 people who were supposed to have been murdered along with the treasure(i'm not sure if they dug their own hole but that's what the story sounds like.). What's supposed to be there is 6 caches; of what I don't know. Maybe someone has found the caches and only 1 remains? Who knows.

OP
OP
anthony8o8

anthony8o8

Greenie
Jul 25, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
let me just post the story maybe that will help? I'm not sure how dowsing works too much.

Another good treasure site in Hawaii is the story of six buried chests on the island of Oahu. This story began in 1823, when a longboat with three men aboard slowly made its way into the Honolulu harbor. The three men were Robinson, Brown, and Monks. This is Monkss story, and, if true, it is worth looking into.

Robinson had said that he was the captain of a ship called the Peruvian which ran into a storm southwest of the Hawaiian Islands. At a point some twenty miles west of Oahu the ship began to sink, and Robinson ordered the crew into three longboats and abandoned the ship. The other two longboats were apparently lost, as there is no record of anyones seeing them.

About a month after arriving, Robinson and Brown obtained passage on a ship bound for Australia and were never seen again.

Several days later, Monks was found unconscious, stabbed, and terribly beaten in the brush back from the beach. He refused to say who had done this to him, and almost up until his death in 1828, his lips were sealed. For a year before he died, he was cared for by an elderly Hawaiian couple who lived on what is now Beretania Street. In payment for their kindness to him, he told them what he said was the true story of the Peruvian.

Monks told them that in July 1821, he was master of a small coastal vessel off South America and was offered the job of quartermaster on the Peruvian at Callao, Peru.

Those were the days when South American countries were trying to throw off the yoke of Spain, and revolutions and the sacking of cities were going on almost constantly. Callao was being evacuated, and the Viceroy was trying to flee to safety. Ships were in great demand to carry to safety the gold, silver, and church plate to keep it out of the hands of the revolutionaries.

The Peruvian was loaded with treasure, and its captain, Robinson, ordered her to set sail for Guam, the nearest possession. En route, Robinson changed course and sailed due east for the Sandwich (Hawaiian) Islands. On nearing Oahu, Robinson gave orders to sail close in to shore. He appeared to be looking for a landmark. Then he ordered the ship to put out to sea, heading south. That night, showing no lights, he circled back toward the island and passed Honolulu Harbor and the Pearl River, then continued on to the west point of the island and there hove to.

The next morning Robinson was in a jovial mood and ordered a barrel of rum broken out for the crew. Enjoy yourself, he said, its my birthday.

By evening the crew was drunk. Only Robinson, Brown, Monks, and three sailors singled out by Robinson, did not partake. The drunken men were carried below on Robinsons orders, and the hatch cover securely battened down. A longboat was brought alongside, and six chests were carried from Robinsons cabin and placed in the boat.

Monks and Brown got into the boat. Robinson took a seat in the bow, and the three sailors he had picked out bent to the oars. Monks turned and saw that the Peruvian was settling. He realized that Robinson had opened the seacocks and soon the ship would sink with the crew trapped below.

At dusk the longboat, guided by Brown, beached on a long spit of sand and rocks on Oahu. Monks was ordered to stand by the beached boat, while the three sailors, and Brown followed Robinson toward the south side of the bluff that faced the beach. They carried with them two chests. After about an hour they returned and carried off two more chests. Once more they were gone an hour and then returned for the last two chests.

As they passed out of Monkss sight on this last trip, he heard gunshots. Robinson and Brown returned about fifteen minutes later without the three sailors.

As the three men rowed the longboat back toward Honolulu Harbor, Monks was brief on the story he was to tell. If he did not follow orders, he was told, he would die, just like the other three sailors had.

Monks never did reveal much more information than this. He was afraid of the vengeance of Robinson and Brown. He did say that Brown once told him that, at the top of the hill where the chests were buried, was a platform and a wall of fitted stone.

No doubt the place is Kaena Point. First, there is just such a spit of sand and rock as where the longboat landed. Then there is the stone platform. At the top of the cliff overlooking the sand spit at Kaena Point is the ruins of an old Hawaiian temple. It can still be located by the piles of stone there.

As far as is known, neither Brown nor Robinson returned to Oahu to dig up the buried treasure. Apparently Monks never dared to look for it either. Presumably, it is still there, waiting for a treasure hunter to come and find it.

OP
OP
anthony8o8

anthony8o8

Greenie
Jul 25, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Thanks a lot for the information okiedowser! I will definitely be checking those spots and i'll let you know what I find.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Anthony,
I picked up on the following items in or in the vicinity of the green circles:

I) Small cache gold coins/artifacts in clay crock/urn 2' deep, about 35# weight of coins.
II) Silver coin cache and some gold jewellry in 2 metal containers, 2' deep about 40# each cache.
III) Small silver coins cache in metal container, 1-1/2' deep, 20#
IV) Same as III but 15#
V) Small cache of gold coins in metal container, 1-1/2' deep 20#

Wishing you the best in your search,
Jon

Attachments

• treasure_huntdowsed.jpg
    treasure_huntdowsed.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 738
OP
OP
anthony8o8

anthony8o8

Greenie
Jul 25, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Thanks a lot for your help teleprospector. It seems peculiar to me that both you and art picked up on that spot on the mountain. I can't wait to check out this spot. :headbang:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes 2 or more dowsers will pick up targets in the same general area. Being that there are lots of targets revealed indicates to me that you may have a very productive area. These are areas that may be worth your while to search the best you can.
My #II was picked up on my rod lockline for my #IV which was found first, being that it was the closest target to me on the photo.
I just kept following the ruler with a pencil in my left hand. Then I continued moving to the left from south to west. Then I checked the photo standing on the east side where I picked up #V
If you drew a line from my #III to my #II, then you would notice the 2 easterly Okiedowser targets are close to my lock line, but my #III was closer to me than Okiedowsers easterly targets.
I usually map/photo dowse the way I dowse in the field by moving around the target, follow the lock lines and intersecting (boxing) in each target.
Jon

Faenor

Greenie
Jul 2, 2022
Thanks a lot for your help teleprospector. It seems peculiar to me that both you and art picked up on that spot on the mountain. I can't wait to check out this spot. :headbang:
Hey Anthony :) so have you been to look at Kaena point ? Did you find anything ?
Would like to go back ?
I am really interested in going there soon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt the place is Kaena Point. First, there is just such a spit of sand and rock as where the longboat landed. Then there is the stone platform. At the top of the cliff overlooking the sand spit at Kaena Point is the ruins of an old Hawaiian temple. It can still be located by the piles of stone there.

A state park is there, and old Hawaiian stone ruins/temple make this a historical site. Anything labeled SANCTUARY I'd stay away from.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread