What's new

Need a recommendation for a detector somewhere between these two models...

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No Post
 
Last edited:
Tesoro Cibola is a good one. It is a good detector, not complicated, but it doesn't have the DD coil as a stock, and it doesn't have a graph. I would take a Cibola over a 250 any day. Occasionally, you can find it used in the $250 range, but most people won't sell their Cibola. I kinda regret selling mine. Using a "beep and dig" machine and learning the sounds has advantages over learning to rely on a graph.
 
Does that one just have audio or does it give you a number range in lieu of a graph? On my F5 I typically don't use the graph, but go by the numbers and they're pretty well on most of the time.

Also, her range is $250-350ish so (based on what I'm getting the feeling of after reading other "what should I buy" threads, I feel I should come right out and say this) the AT Pro is pretty much out of the question unless she could get one real cheap somehow...but again (and I've never used one, but the readout seems to be similar to the 250) I don't know if that's getting in over her head for a new digger.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom