What's new

Need advice on new detector specifically for very small gold

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're going to try a detector for GOLD ONLY on the East Coast here where the native gold is TINY.

What have you USED YOURSELF that you would recommend? Does not have to go underwater.
 
Hands down the Falcon MD-20 will find that speck of gold.
 
Thanks. I'll check it out. Anyone else?
 
Thanks. I'll check it out. Anyone else?

Ive had one for 7 years .Works flawless every time.And simple to operate.A pretty good video on it here
 
003.webp
Here is the test card that comes with it.I've found gold smaller than the sample on the card.2011_0427Mttohuntdeer4th0015.webp
It found this hidden gold vein 1.5" inside this quarts :)
 
Last edited:
Before I quit prospecting I used a Gold-bug 2.
Marvin
 
Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Fisher Goldbug II

Both of these machines will find sub-GRAIN gold. The Falcon is more or less a pinpointer. :occasion14:
 
Thanks.
 
How about the Whites GMT? I think that competes with the Gold Bug II.
 
The Gold Bug 2 is the “Gold Standard” when it comes to the smallest gold. Get it with the 6” coil. Nothing can beat it. Fisher themselves hasn’t been able to produce one to beat it in that application!

The GMT is an excellent machine, but for fly-speck gold - nothing touches the GB2.
 
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, This machine was designed for gold prospecting and picking up gold the size of bb shot.

SS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom