H Hunter1499 Greenie Joined Jul 10, 2019 Messages 19 Reaction score 49 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 3, 2019 #1 Another set of eyes needed-would this classify as a graver tip? From Wisconsin Attachments 64226E4A-BB2A-4385-B8B5-892542F1697F.webp 184.3 KB · Views: 75 25B9D881-DFAA-4F98-9472-8C1CADE280B0.webp 140.9 KB · Views: 62 84E76D4D-9675-4F78-98A7-8A7E2A94B43D.webp 175.1 KB · Views: 65 Upvote 0
R Reanm8er Bronze Member Joined Aug 17, 2018 Messages 2,285 Reaction score 3,560 Golden Thread 0 Location Shenandoah Valley Va Detector(s) used WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 3, 2019 #2 I hope you get a good answer Hunter, I've found several of these in Virginia and don't know what they are. Best wishes!
I hope you get a good answer Hunter, I've found several of these in Virginia and don't know what they are. Best wishes!
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 3, 2019 #3 Is it flint? It's hard to tell from the pic but if flint might be a gun flint.
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 3, 2019 #4 It's the wrong shape for a gun flint. I believe it is a tool, and I would say yes to a graver.
Tdog Silver Member Joined May 30, 2019 Messages 2,864 Reaction score 5,272 Golden Thread 0 Location East Central Alabama Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Aug 3, 2019 #5 It looks like a piece that got busted off of a point/knife--maybe at the stem or at a barb/shoulder.
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 3, 2019 #6 Tdog may have it right.