What's new

Need assistance on dating print plate

mjc_lakedweller

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
605
Reaction score
151
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this at an old business site. I'm not sure if it was once a printing facility or not still researching. It is a lead base with copper plate. I believe the EST stands for establishment but that is about as much as I could obtain via google. Any help would be appreciated...
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0415.webp
    DSC_0415.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 395
The OP is correct. It stands for Establishment.

USDA has lists of establishment numbers where it does inspections. I could only find a modern list and all the numbers on it start with or include an alpha character. Also, most of them were longer (5 or 6 digits).

Is there any kind of meat processing in the area where this was found?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I think you and I saw the same thing. Only thing I could come up with was lists that included P (poultry), M (meat) etc... This however only has 3 numbers. I did find on google that usda est 199 was issued in 1891. So if usda gave numbers out in chronological order ... might be early to mid 1890s????
 
Upvote 0
Couldn't help my self :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0415.webp
    DSC_0415.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom