Need DEEP detector in NY area

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Anyone in the New York/NJ/Connecticut area have a specialized detector that will find stuff extra deep? You may have read my posts and others I detect with (Earthworks) about the "large cent site" -- we have an old site that has given up lots of old coins. There is an old pond that is now mostly dry, but has water in it much of the year. I believe in July/Aug if we go without rain it will be dry enough to dig signals. I am thinking if this was a swimming hole way back when, then stuff in there would have sunk pretty deep over a couple hundred years. Coins have been found around the outside of the pond so I believe it could have been used for that purpose. It's not a huge pond, but it could have some great stuff in there. If anyone is interested and close enough by, let me know. You could keep the stuff. I just want to see what comes out of there. Looks like there has been some dumping in there, so could have to pull out some junk as well. I'd say go into it not expecting to find anything just so you don't drive hours and be disappointed. I have no way of knowing whether it will produce, but I can tell you it hasn't been searched.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Bergie,

I'm interested. I've been detecting for forty years and I have several different kinds of detectors. I live in CT. right on the N.Y. border. Send me a PM. Joe

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
Hi Bergie,

I have a JW Pulse 8x. I would like to try your search area. If interested let me know and driving doesn't bother me.

BF750

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread