2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
typed in everything i could think of in the search bar, but for some reason can't find it
fowledup suggested i look up as it was posted sometime ago
how to get the sheriffs involved with mineral trespass, since the downieville sheriffs will do nothing after a couple of attempts on my part to get them involved
just the other day i discovered a diggings that tore up the hillside on my claim

thanks in advance

Upvote 0
OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks Ty
but that is not the one, thats about private property
i am looking for how to get the sheriffs to do thier doody on those mineral trespass on a mining claim

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 kinds of sheriffs- elected by and for the people called a Constitutional Sheriff and then the worthless kind-appointed by the supervisors and NOT for or by the people but serves at their discretion and can be dumped at any time. Google california sheriffs association and go from there as like night and day. They help me when the crime is in the process of being committed ,if not just take pics and report,keep a copy and gotta catch them in the act....hope this helps as I see that 4 times a week when on my claims. :censored: the highgraders-John

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gotta be the weekend crowd since your there all week, so...kick back at the parking spot early morning and wait for them to show, photo their rig, write down license and description. Verify it's the same group, photo them if possible, give them time to set up shop. Then head down the road to Indian Valley Outpost and the phone. Call 911 and make a report of Mineral Tresspass on a federal mining claim. The call is recorded so now there is a record of your call. Request a deputy as the trespassers are actively mining and you wish to press charges. If they show and you backout on pressing charges they won't be happy and probably won't come again.

Forgot to mention- have your claim papers and a map with you, makes it easy to prove what and where to the deputy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread