Metal Detecting
No help with the bottle but like to say WELCOME to TNet
from Middle TN

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google up Hires root beer extract bottle history. Or try vintage Hires root beer syrup bottles, If you didn't notice, it says makes five gallons of product, so it wouldn't actually be root beer, but instead it is the syrup for making root beer which was how they did it back then, My wife said she remembers her Dad making root beer, I never had it that way mine was always pre made in a bottle . Good luck and Welcome again.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
Hey I’m brand new to these forums and I am not sure how to post my question! I wanted to see if y’all could help me find out when my old bottle was made! It’s a Hires rootbeer glass bottle. The bottom is engraved with, M4. Any help would be SO appreciated!
Google lens nailed it in 10 seconds. Good tool at times. I often use it.
Just what others and Mack said.
Ebay showed them in the same lens sesrch going for between 8 to 20 bucks US.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey I’m brand new to these forums and I am not sure how to post my question! I wanted to see if y’all could help me find out when my old bottle was made! It’s a Hires rootbeer glass bottle. The bottom is engraved with, M4. Any help would be SO appreciated!
That is one sweet little bottle! Welcome to the site, from Ohio.
These guys did a great job answering your question. Here’s another site for future reference on any other bottles you may come across.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1895, plus or minus 10 years
I concur with that dating of the bottle.
The seem running over the shoulder dates it in this era, from my understanding.
Very nice addiction to any shelf.

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one similar that I dated from 1880 - 1910. Research the company, that what I ended up doing. They actually stopped selling those before the 1920's I believe, can't remember exactly. I started digging about 2 years ago and this website does WONDERS! https://sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm on here you can learn all about bottle types, shapes, the way they made them . It all helps with dating a bottle because sometimes 2 bottles can look almost the same, but one could be 20 years older because of 1 little mark or symbol. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread