What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need Help Identifying Painting

chadkeath

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
230
Reaction score
319
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you in advance for help. I am hoping there are some great sleuths here to help identify this unique art piece. I believe it is done with acrylic paints. But could be wrong. Whomever had it before put it in a cheap frame. It looks to have a signature near top right side. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 2D9BF47C-8FC8-47A1-97E6-F38DE0691923.webp
    2D9BF47C-8FC8-47A1-97E6-F38DE0691923.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 228
  • CF86B0B4-0F0A-45A8-B0DD-C7DEA9797430.webp
    CF86B0B4-0F0A-45A8-B0DD-C7DEA9797430.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 1985C48D-D69D-485A-AACA-5B526ABE1A34.webp
    1985C48D-D69D-485A-AACA-5B526ABE1A34.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • 11A4D201-70DD-4756-8D7C-C65EDCE1C18B.webp
    11A4D201-70DD-4756-8D7C-C65EDCE1C18B.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 0CF52692-934C-4D56-BD80-7F3B570281F2.webp
    0CF52692-934C-4D56-BD80-7F3B570281F2.webp
    817.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 88F5903A-C71D-42AB-B92F-7425DAFE07DE.webp
    88F5903A-C71D-42AB-B92F-7425DAFE07DE.webp
    1 MB · Views: 121
Still life painting with lots of color contrast - prawns, drink, and fruit - like every art student in the world paints at some point. Unique style. I like it. I can't make heads nor tails of the signature. My first thought was "Asian artist". The signature could be kanji characters. But the theme doesn't feel Asian to me in the least. I searched 'abstract prawns painting'. Who knew shrimp was a popular thing to paint? So many paintings of shrimp with wine and fruit or veggies... Bottom line - I got nothing.
Will you tell where you got it? Country/state/city...? Sometimes that helps.
Also, is that '2008' in the signature?
 
Upvote 1
I am going to guess this is a university student art piece,
And yes I have an Art Degree.
 
Upvote 0
looks like a sixty's cartoon, I like it, reminds me of Hanna-Barbera. The colors look very Walter Keene too.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom