Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patterns seems like there are soooo many that an Id on a pattern would be very hard you would have to do some research time

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sheiswe

sheiswe

Oct 5, 2015
CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I knew if it was gorham or something my time would be cut pretty short lol

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a big bag of silverware which had 15 gorham olive forks I got a 2lb candy dish sterling and 2 14k gold earings marked really tiny on the post at an estate sale for 6 dollars. but most silver will have a hallmark orf brand somewhere on it Someone might know the pattern and help you. Good luck bump

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread, but @sheiswe is still around.

I believe this is from Century Sterling and it’s their ‘Royal Rose’ pattern, introduced in 1938.

See the comparison below, but note that I’m showing the design as applied to spoons and forks, as opposed to on a knife handle.

Century.jpg

There are some minor differences for which there may be one of two reasons. It’s common for designs to be adapted slightly for aesthetic reasons on different items within a flatware set. Particularly for knife handles which have a relatively uniform width, versus spoons and forks where the handles tend to have a broad terminal and taper heavily towards the bowl. It’s also sometimes the case that after a style has been in production for a while, the manufacturer seeks to reduce the incidence of casting flaws by making minor design adjustments.

Upvote 6
OP
OP
sheiswe

sheiswe

Oct 5, 2015
CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread, but @sheiswe is still around.

I believe this is from Century Sterling and it’s their ‘Royal Rose’ pattern, introduced in 1938.

See the comparison below, but note that I’m showing the design as applied to spoons and forks, as opposed to on a knife handle.

View attachment 2086579

There are some minor differences for which there may be one of two reasons. It’s common for designs to be adapted slightly for aesthetic reasons on different items within a flatware set. Particularly for knife handles which have a relatively uniform width, versus spoons and forks where the handles tend to have a broad terminal and taper heavily towards the bowl. It’s also sometimes the case that after a style has been in production for a while, the manufacturer seeks to reduce the incidence of casting flaws by making minor design adjustments.
Oh lovely,very cool to know! And yes I'm still around lol-ideal.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread