What's new

Need help identifying rocks in my collection

ascogin86

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Hello all! I am new to this forum and new to rock hunting. My grandfather was a geologist and traveled the world hunting rocks and minerals. I have inherited a good size collection and would like some help identifying some of them. If anyone knows what these are and could let me know it would be great!
 

Attachments

  • 20220720_165344.webp
    20220720_165344.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220720_173313.webp
    20220720_173313.webp
    258.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220720_173255.webp
    20220720_173255.webp
    462.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220720_173233.webp
    20220720_173233.webp
    755 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220720_173218.webp
    20220720_173218.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 20220720_173205.webp
    20220720_173205.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • 20220720_172934.webp
    20220720_172934.webp
    523 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220720_172945.webp
    20220720_172945.webp
    644.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220720_173055.webp
    20220720_173055.webp
    592.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220714_155345.webp
    20220714_155345.webp
    534.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220706_195840.webp
    20220706_195840.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard ascogin86!

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - If no one can identify all your "rocks" - you might consider posting your pictures on ROCKS/GEMS for more exposure...
 
Upvote 1
quartz, pyrite, large one looks like it might be wolfenite
 
Upvote 1
Thank you all for the insight and the suggestion to post in the Rocks/Gems thread. I remember when I was little going in the basement and barely having room to walk in the 500 ft² space and every rock and mineral was labeled with its name and where it was found. Now that I'm older I wish we kept the identification of these items and never donated the other 90% of his collection.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom