Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2015
Titusville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_20150903_203109.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this might be. I found it in the middle of the woods under some rotted tree. Any info is appreciated

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What size is it; length, width, height? What is the material?

Welcome to the Forum!

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Draw pull minus the handle? Here are two examples of what I mean one with handle and one without. drawer-pull-20s-40s-Chipp-14.jpg images (1).jpg

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, too, assumed it was the back plate to a hardware pull, but since we don't know the size, all bets are off.

This is why I sometimes hesitate to answer questions from newbies because it's like a 'one night stand,' they don't call you the next day.

Apologies to AL425 if this doesn't describe you; I'm speaking 'in general.'

Breezie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

al425

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2015
Titusville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ForumRunner_20150911_124543.png

ForumRunner_20150911_124624.png

ForumRunner_20150911_124737.png

ForumRunner_20150911_125806.png

Sorry, I meant to add better pictures sooner. I dont know if these are helpful, I dont know what kind of metal it is, the one side is brown and the other side has a gold color in some spots and flakey green in other spots. I found it on our private land that used to be all owned by holland company called holland land a long time ago. I only wiped it off I didnt use anything to clean it because im afraid of ruining the things I find and dont know about. And in reply to that last comment, im ashamed to say that it somewhat applies to me, but in my defense, im a single mother of 2 little boys and I wish I could be more active on here and out in the woods but its something ive got to put on hold every now and then. Im sorry again and thanks for the help:)

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1210087

View attachment 1210088

View attachment 1210092

View attachment 1210093

Sorry, I meant to add better pictures sooner. I dont know if these are helpful, I dont know what kind of metal it is, the one side is brown and the other side has a gold color in some spots and flakey green in other spots. I found it on our private land that used to be all owned by holland company called holland land a long time ago. I only wiped it off I didnt use anything to clean it because im afraid of ruining the things I find and dont know about. And in reply to that last comment, im ashamed to say that it somewhat applies to me, but in my defense, im a single mother of 2 little boys and I wish I could be more active on here and out in the woods but its something ive got to put on hold every now and then. Im sorry again and thanks for the help:)

No apologies necessary. As far as having children and being busy with them, I've been there. :) For the past few days I've run into several newbie posts that didn't respond; it was a general comment and doesn't apply to you.

As far as your find is concerned, it does look like a hardware back plate that is missing the bail pull. From your description, it sound like it was brass plated.

Breezie

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like drawer or cabinet bail-pull packing plate as well.

That or a Rococo Ninja shuriken.

ring-pull-2.jpg

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I agree with it has the look of a drawer pull backplate, but I can't recall seeing a double posted pull with the posts only about an inch apart. The size seems pretty small for that, isn't it?

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I, too, assumed it was the back plate to a hardware pull, but since we don't know the size, all bets are off.

This is why I sometimes hesitate to answer questions from newbies because it's like a 'one night stand,' they don't call you the next day.
Ahem ... just how would you know about that?
Apologies to AL425 if this doesn't describe you; I'm speaking 'in general.'

Breezie

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like drawer or cabinet bail-pull packing plate as well.

That or a Rococo Ninja shuriken.

View attachment 1210103

I actually thought it could have gotten to where it was because a kid was using it like a shuriken throwing it at the tree.I use to throw circular saw blades in my want to be a ninja days,:laughing7:

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with it has the look of a drawer pull backplate, but I can't recall seeing a double posted pull with the posts only about an inch apart. The size seems pretty small for that, isn't it?

My thoughts were from a secretary or jewelry armoire pull for the small drawers in them.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gold coloring = brass / gilt plating ---green color = copper base metal --- shape of item = drawer pull most likely -- place found prior owners --Holland ----so a old dutch brass plated copper based drawer pull ...most likely

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread