What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help identifying

Doug H

Full Member
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
185
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Can someone please help identify what this is. Other side is either so worn or nothing is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
image000001.webp
 
Looks kind of Imperial French to me.

Maybe a Belgian chocolate brand...Hehe.
I would expect to see fluer de lis somewhere around the crown if it was French. If it was the French Republic time period you might not see fluer de lis but I wouldn't expect to see a crown then either. 🤷
 
Upvote 0
Wow, you guys are so knowledgeable and I appreciate that. I didn't have a clue where to start. I just wish the one right person could see it and say yeah, that's a....
 
Upvote 0
It looks too big to be a button and it appears to have a lead filled back. Maybe a foreign military bridle rosette?
 
Upvote 0
It's just a flat corroded back, I don't see any remnants of a loop unless it was on the part that's gone. I'm not thinking any sort of button but I just don't have a clue honestly. I have Googled everything I can think of.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom