What's new

Need help iding artifacts Maybe 1700s Nice pics

T Hunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
I found these yesterday on an old colonial homesite on the Bay Need help iding and age Thanks for your time :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 993
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 656
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 615
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 586
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 598
  • MVC-009S.webp
    MVC-009S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 608
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 590
  • MVC-007S.webp
    MVC-007S.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 583
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 598
  • MVC-011S.webp
    MVC-011S.webp
    29 KB · Views: 589
  • MVC-010S.webp
    MVC-010S.webp
    32 KB · Views: 594
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 592
Top pic looks like a belt buckle; most of it, anyway. And the image above the "C" letter appears to these eyes as a bow shot of a large ship moving right, rather than a 'crown' image.
 
Upvote 0
The first one is a suspender buckle :thumbsup:I beleive it dates a little later than your assumption
 
Upvote 0
1st is like a early knee buckle, but I am going with mid-late 1800's on it based on construction.
Sorry Lucas,but I call B.S..That is a suspender buckle,I have found many of the exact one......I have never found a knee buckle
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
You need to read what I said.

Similar to early knee buckle, but NOT. Mid to late 1800's nobody wore knee buckles... I assumed everybody knew that? So of course that leaves suspenders.


Shoot me now. :BangHead:


Right,so is it that hard to agree with me?I guess your reply was encrypted,sorry I didnt catch your drift.And yes I am fully aware they didnt wear knee buckles in the mid 1800's(read what I said....I HAVE NEVER FOUND ONE)
 
Upvote 0
T Hunter your suspender buckle featured a ring,on one end of the strap,and the buckle on another,as you can see it was adjustable,and quite easy to secure.Neat find! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I know one thing, the round object being wet doesn't help. Detail might seem better in person when something is wet but usually in pictures it just distorts the image even more, especially when it's very pitted or corroded.
 
Upvote 0
:help:

Is the Double Looped Buckle made of Iron or Bronze :dontknow: if it's Iron it would be no older than 1900s :read2:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Guys for the info . Sorry about the wet condition
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
tuatara said:
Is the Double Looped Buckle made of Iron or Bronze if it's Iron it would be no older than 1900s SS

Not just double looped but double loop trapezoidal strap buckle and well might be ca 17th century.
Please check UK detectorists database. They have something very similar to yours:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=21716&cat=
It fits more to Double Looped, Retangular or Oval Buckle, it doesn't have the Lobes of a Trapzodial, these were made of Bronze, the one posted looks like Iron.

SS
 
Upvote 0
T Hunter said:
Thanks Guys for the info . Sorry about the wet condition


Nothing to be sorry about! Just interested in helping you better figure out some of your finds, and posted dry might help. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
The one small Buckle seems to be bronze or copper
 
Upvote 0
T Hunter said:
The one small Buckle seems to be bronze or copper
:icon_thumleft: nice early Buckle then :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
I see a rampant lion with a crown and the letter C in the spoon pic 11 and 12. The last pic may be an upside down tulip. Can we see pics of both sides?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
New pics
 

Attachments

  • MVC-015S.webp
    MVC-015S.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 258
  • MVC-019S.webp
    MVC-019S.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 255
  • MVC-018S.webp
    MVC-018S.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 265
  • MVC-017S.webp
    MVC-017S.webp
    27 KB · Views: 267
  • MVC-016S.webp
    MVC-016S.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 270
  • MVC-020S.webp
    MVC-020S.webp
    16 KB · Views: 264
  • MVC-021S.webp
    MVC-021S.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 255
  • MVC-022S.webp
    MVC-022S.webp
    12 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom